Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blueeyedtabbycat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 02:16 PM
    I'm measuring 14 weeks at 11. Could it be twins?
    I just seen my doctor for the first visit today and I told her I was unsure of my dates. I really do know but had wanted an ultrasound for reasurance. She found the baby's heartbeat after a minute or so and it was about 150, she said that was good:) I asked if there was more than one heartbeat and she wasn't sure. I have been having very weird dreams about twins so... I have also have very bad morning sickness, which is very weird for me ( my first two pregnancys I had no morning sickness at all) I have been trying for almost two years to get pregnant and had 3 doses of clomid, the last dose being maybe 6 months ago.
    I know I am only 11 weeks and 1 day pregnant, I am very sure because I have been trying for sooooo long! I heard that with twins you measure about 3 weeks further than normal. Could my doctor not be measuring corectly? Or could it be twins? Or something else?
    P.s both my mother and grandmother were pregnant with twins and miscarried in their 5th month... but isn't it supposed to skip a generation?

Oh... P.s.s I have an ultrasound in 9 days to determine my due date, cause I said I was unsure, I don't know if I can wait that long!

All advice would be helpful:)

Thank you!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 08:56 PM
    It may be, especially with clomid which is known to cause multiple births, but there's no way to know until your doctor figures it out.. good luck with the pregnancy!
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

Feb 15, 2008, 09:24 AM
    I know that during my pregnancy I measured three weeks bigger throughout my entire pregnancy, when I was 37 weeks, I measured 40... I just had a big baby, 9lbs5oz. An ultrasound will tell you for sure though! Good Luck!
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 12:40 PM
    It could be a number of things.

You could be having twins, the baby may be big, you may be farther along than originally thought, you may just be gaining more than the "norm" baby weight.

I measured "big" throughout my pregnancy. My doctor was concerned that I was going to have a big baby and in turn have a complicated labor. None of the above happened. I had relatively easy labor, and my daughter only weighed 6lbs 7oz... so in my case I just gained too much weight!
    super mom Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2008, 04:00 PM
    I know you posted this question a while ago but I wolud LOVE LOVE LOVE to know if you have found out if it was twins or not. PLEASE!! I'd love an update and cougradulations on your pregnancy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

26 weeks, 3 weeks behind in growth, dr's concerned. [ 7 Answers ]

My baby is now 26 weeks, but measures 23, the Dr.'s are very concerned and have brought up the possibility of having a skeletal disorder(dwarf) because she is behind on growth, we did an amnio and also blood tests which all came back fine. They have also not found any other abnormalities. Is this...

Twins possibility? Only ten weeks! [ 5 Answers ]

I am only ten weeks, and my clothes do not fit at all. I weighed myself and I have hardly gained any weight! My lower stomach is hard. I probably gained all my weight in my boobs since they are HUGE! None of my pants fit, this is my first pregnancy, so I was told that with the first, it takes...

Measuring for laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out I was looking at this laminate floor and on the box it says its covers 20.02 square ft per case. When I measured my floor with a tape measure it said 20ft by10 ft rounding off to the higher number so I was wondering if anyone could help me to how many...

Measuring cups [ 9 Answers ]

I'm British living in Poland and am unable to get the 'measuring cups' used in american recipes. Can anyone tell me roughly the size of cup used. Is it a traditional tea cup size? My scales convert from oz to grams, is there any easy way to convert for example 1 cup of sugar or flour into oz or...

View more questions Search