Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

Mar 29, 2008, 02:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Onan
    Not at all, the bible actually says different things in different places. No one has to take it out of context or twist scripture to fit their beliefs. One only has to go to the scripture that fits their belief.
    Aah, I get it now! All truth is never truth, yet some truth is truth if you want it to be truth, but don't believe this to be truth unless there is proof of truth, which of course is impossible as there is no real truth... True?:confused:
    Onan Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Mar 29, 2008, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparbyfar
    Aah, I get it now! All truth is never truth, yet some truth is truth if you want it to be truth, but don't believe this to be truth unless there is proof of truth, which of course is impossible as there is no real truth...True?:confused:
    Of course there is real truth, it just can't be found in a book that contradicts itself. It cannot be found in a book that was written over thousands of years by many writers who all had different beliefs. Then you have to add the fact that translations later on were also added to fit even more and different beliefs. What are we to do? Lets say we should pray after reading a certain passage, and God gives you an answer. More than likely he will only tell you that you should only believe the one passage which still doesn't change or hide the fact that the contradicting passage is still there. In this thread alone examples were given for and against Jesus being God. So I ask you, if you were to pray and ask God which of those scriptures are the right ones, which ones would he say?

After you get your answer, ask him why the other scriptures say differently.

Mar 29, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Of course there is real truth, it just can't be found in a book that contradicts itself. It cannot be found in a book that was written over thousands of years by many writers who all had different beliefs. Then you have to add in the fact that translations later on were also added to fit even more and different beliefs. What are we to do?? Lets say we should pray after reading a certain passage, and God gives you an answer. More than likely he will only tell you that you should only believe the one passage which still doesn't change or hide the fact that the contradicting passage is still there. In this thread alone examples were given for and against Jesus being God. So I ask you, if you were to pray and ask God which of those scriptures are the right ones, which ones would he say??

After you get your answer, ask him why the other scriptures say differently.
    I've got my answers, and none of them contradict because the version of the bible I use is not mistranslated as some are. But really I'm getting dizzy from going round in circles with you so I'll just agree to disagree with you. Nightie night :)

Mar 29, 2008, 06:47 AM
    I've got my answers, and none of them contradict because the version of the bible I use is not mistranslated as some are.
    There is no such thing. I am curious though, what version of the Bible do you read?

Mar 29, 2008, 06:51 AM
    There is no such thing. I am curious though, what version of the Bible do you read??
    Ah, then you have not done your homework as well as you imagine my friend. You have some serious researching to do. :D

Mar 29, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparbyfar
    Ah, then you have not done your homework as well as you imagine my friend. You have some serious researching to do. :D
    I would love to do some research, that's why I asked. What version do you read?

Please don't say the KJV... lol
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2008, 06:52 AM
    In all matters it is obvoius from his writings and Onan is not a Christian, and as such do you go to the Vet if you need a dentist, no, the Bible is the word of God and is as valid today as the day it was written and as valid as it was in mans heart before it was written

And any listening to Onan on the trinity has no value since he obviously has some agenda against christian beliefs in general and the trinity.

But the idea of the trinity is a hard concept, one that is not proved but one accepted by faith, The bible and chrisianity in general is a faith based project where one has to accept what God is telling us.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2008, 07:09 AM
    Please keep the thread on track of the actual topic, or it will have to be closed. Also remember the idea here is to give the original poster christian answers to the idea. They came to ask this in Chrisianity, not for information from a Jewish or Muslim or athist view point,
    Had they wanted that view point they were free and are free to ask a similar question in those area

Mar 30, 2008, 03:57 AM
    I would love to do some research, thats why I asked. What version do you read??

Please don't say the KJV............lol
    What version do YOU read?

Mar 30, 2008, 05:45 AM
    I grew up with the KJV, but I have read them all. At least I thought. I may have one more to read as soon as I'm told what version you read.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2008, 06:15 PM
    God the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

3 in one.

Just like we have many different parts to our body. Many parts that make ONE BODY. The same is as for God. God has many parts, that together make the One God.

Just like a Man and a Women Come together. They join together, they create children. There are many parts. The Man, The women and Child together make One body.

There are so many examples.

The word trinity itself is not found in the bible but there are many examples throughout the whole bible that support The idea of trinity.

Earlier somebody mentioned about how we worship many gods, In case anybody does not get that. In the bible whenever you see the word god without the capital, it is considered an idol, not a true god. Anywhere there is a captital G - God, that is the true God. The only True one God.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search