Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    psychedelix Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 09:43 PM
    Uncertain whether this is related to milk production or just part of pregnancy:
    This will be a change of topic for you, as I see that most of the topics in this section are basically whether the person is pregnant or not.

I'm pregnant, exactly 17 weeks today and I just started noticing that my nipples have turned red and have this strong sensation of burning. Nothing helps, not even cool lotion, it actually makes the sensation worsen and strengthen in the burning aspect. This is my second pregnancy, although first pregnancy to have lasted past a month so this is all new to me.

Any suggestions to why a woman's nipples would turn red and be very burning-like where it gets very painful nothing can be done? Could it be because the breasts are preparing to start milk production? It would make sense if it were to be one or two months before birth, but I'm barely four and half months.

Any suggestions, advice or ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Feb 13, 2008, 07:24 AM
    You can start producing milk(colostrum) early in pregnancy. Though I don't think the red and burning nipples sounds at all normal. I would highly suggest you call your ob/gyn and tell them of your symptoms. It could be an infection of some kind. Get it checked out. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suing for pregnancy related expenses [ 3 Answers ]

My child was born out of wedlock. She is three months old. Mid October 2007 myself and the noncustodial parent will be going to court for finalization of child support order as he contested the recommended amount by the state. I would also like to sue for pregnancy related expenses I have all the...

Pregnancy related subject [ 4 Answers ]

Is it true that a 15 year old female body that's not fully matured get pregnant and can have her period as well? I read it from a thread a long long time ago so I wonder if this is true or not I'm very curious about human body and other things related to biology :D sorry for asking a lot

Dachshund milk production [ 2 Answers ]

My mini dachshund has been leaking milk and today I noticed a reddish liquid coming out of a few nipples, what would cause this? We do not believe she is pregnant because she has not been around any males. Just want to know if this is something we should worry about or if she is just in heat?

Milk Production [ 6 Answers ]

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience. My females teets are getting big. She had puppies 5 months ago, and they had almost gone back to normal up until she went into estrus. They usually get bigger after a heat cycle then go back down. She was in heat about 4 weeks ago they never really...

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why [ 1 Answers ]

Which milk rottens faster soy milk or cow milk and why?

View more questions Search