Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 08:49 PM
    Lover's Aroma
    Do you think people are stimulated by the aroma that rises from the armpits and crotch of their lovers, or do you think people are overly sanitized and bathed in your society? (I'm talking about fresh perspiration, not stale old BO)

Do you favor shaving the human body, what parts or all of it? Do you see a purpose for body hair?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 09:27 PM
    They are paying researches just to investigate this, why don't I ever get offered the good jobs

How Smell Influences Sexual Attraction > NewHeavenNewEarth > News Articles Archive

The Smell Report - Sexual Attraction.

Mind Hacks: Pheromones and sexual attraction
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 10:08 PM
    Depends...

I've had lovers who's sweat was erotic, sensual, and almost sweet in smell and taste. And also I've had one in particular whose sweat during sex was not pleasing in the least.

Then again, I'm a man, which means I'm a big, sweaty, hairy, grumpy ape, so any women wholl put up with my crap is above most criticism.

Personally, I don't need a lover to be fragranced and powdered, though it can be a real turn on if its appealing, but clean is good... that goes for me too. Given a choice, making love after a hot shower is perfect. But then life doesn't always allow for "perfect", especially with kids.

As for shaving, for my mate I like legs and armpits shaved clean. Pubic hair trimmed is nice. Pubic shaved is OK, better than no trimming at all, but I like some "texture"... not to mention fully shaved can make the pubic region look adolescent, and that's not sexy to me at all...
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Feb 12, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Well, I can't seem to get enough of my husbands scent. When he gets up to leave for work, I use his pillow and blanket so that I can fall asleep to his smell. When he comes home all sweaty after working out I can't seem to resist him. Hair, well, I usually don't shave my area completely, I trim it so it isn't wildly out of control. Occasionally I will shave it completely so that I can grow in fresh hair. Which I hear is good. But anyway, as far as what's the point of body hair, there isn't one I guess. Other than when humankind just began and we needed hair to keep us warm. But anyway, I love my partners smell and I don't mind the hair, trimmed of course.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 10:46 PM
    Armpits are delicious. I even like them stale. Hair grows thickly there and in the pubic region to hold odors. Since most people do not share my love of armpit odor, I shave mine because it seems to make the anti-perspirant more effective.

We are far too confused/concerned with artificial first appearances. The bum on the street is pretty straight forward, so is the mom in dowdy clothes and a baby on her hip. The guy in the suit? My first impulse is to assume he's a liar. The perfumed and well dressed babe, now what might she want?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2008, 05:49 AM
    I am turned off by putrid odors... and I think the pubic area is far more appealing fully shaved. As well as leg and armpit hair on women should be shaved.

Cave woman look for me is a major willy wilter.
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Feb 13, 2008, 02:19 PM
    What's really funny is my boyfriend has two different scents and I tell him it has to be because of what he eats. Sometimes he can be working out in the garage on one of his cars and will come in all sweaty and I can't resist him. Other times, I want to gag. Lol. I think if he eats a lot of garlic, like on pizza or cheesesticks, it does change the way he smells and it's a big turn off.

As far as body hair goes... I like my man hairy. Its just a preference. A guy with a smooth chest just looks odd to me. I like him to trim up around the private region though. Too much hair there just gets disturbing to look at after a while. ;)
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 02:24 PM
    If I sweat a lot my armpits smell like an Italian Hoagie. My GF is not a fan of Italian Hoagie smell during sex.
    hollylovesbrandon Posts: 633, Reputation: 78

Feb 13, 2008, 02:32 PM
    I wouldn't imagine too many people are! Lol
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

Feb 13, 2008, 09:33 PM
    I honestly can not think of a time when my wife smelled bad. As far as shaving, I do like the armpits and legs shaved, but the pubic area trimmed. Basically, I shower, shave, floss, brush my teeth, use deodorant, cologne, mouthwash, foot deodorant even for the possibility of having sex. It's just nice to see that my wife also goes through the trouble of "getting ready" for me after all these years... 13 years and counting!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hollylovesbrandon
    I wouldn't imagine too many people are! lol
    I don't think I want to meet a person who is turned on by the smell of Italian Hoagies either!!
    FallenFromGrace Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Feb 14, 2008, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom
    If i sweat a lot my armpits smell like an Italian Hoagie. My GF is not a fan of Italian Hoagie smell during sex.

Yes, well.. I have to agree with your girlfriend.. :rolleyes:

I had one lover that had a naturally erotic scent, however, what I find erotic and what another woman finds erotic may be entirely different. However, I am still not into Italian Hoagies.. subs in general don't turn me on. If you smell like oreos we may be able to work something out.

As far as hair goes, I appreciate a well trimmed area in the nether region. Body hair on a male is a turn on for me. As a woman I prefer to shave it all. Personal preferences and yes, I have stock in Gillette. Happy Mowing Season.;)
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 10:21 PM
    A study was done recently that stated...

Women who are in relationships preferred the natural scent of men (not after a workout or anything, but just natural scents) while single women preferred the scent of deodorants and/or cologne.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 05:52 PM
    When women are ovulating they smell nice and it is very arousing. On a side note, when I used to get stressed from an exam, I would hold my then girlfriend, bury my head between her neck and should and smell her unwashed neck always calmed me down instantly like she was SOMA.

As far as hair, most men like hairless women because it's so feminine, just like most women like hairy men.
    l12 Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Feb 17, 2008, 09:55 PM
    I believe that smell has a lot to do with being turned on... Some people make you just want to breathe them and some... even if they are clean, repulse you. I don't know why, I wish I did. It must just be chemistry between people.
    CSW6314 Posts: 34, Reputation: 0

Feb 19, 2008, 01:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    Do you think people are stimulated by the aroma that rises from the armpits and crotch of their lovers, or do you think people are overly sanitized and bathed in your society? (I'm talking about fresh perspiration, not stale old BO)

Do you favor shaving the human body, what parts or all of it? Do you see a purpose for body hair?
    My boyfriend loves the way I smell. He tells me all the time even when I'm not wearing any perfume. He even tells me my crotch area smella good an he will lay his head on my lap while watching TV just to enjoy the smell
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Each person can be different. A person who is clean (doesnt mean heavily perfumed) is most of the time a turn on... but I swear, I dated one girl who, when going down on her, it was especially pleasing. She was sooo sweet and pleasant, it was wonderful. Not that others have been bad... but something about her chemistry just rocked me. All others have been nice, clean... but I just was mad about her body smell.

And I agree about how your smells can change. If I've not been working out much and I start again, sometimes its pretty icky as it seems the "toxins" get eliminated. Not to mention drinking alcohol or garlic sulphonic compounds can seep through your pores.
    mirandycc Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Feb 20, 2008, 12:06 PM
    I like my husbands smell, and he would like for me to smell, but I don't sweat, and if I do it doesn't stink. It does arouse him however if I smell like soap, the clean smell. As far as hair goes, I do not like back hair on a man, or a beard

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search