Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collinsmom Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Feb 12, 2008, 06:02 PM
    Re-entering the workforce after 4 years.
    I have been a stay at home mom for the last 4 years and am looking to get back into the workforce. Before we (DH and I) made the decision for me to stay home, I worked very hard and worked my way up to a Senior Media Buyer/Planner for an advertising agency. I really am not looking to get back into advertising, but more on the purchasing side for a manufacturer.

My question, how do I explain the years I've not worked? Do I put in my cover letter that's I'm a stay at home mom or put something on my resume? I'm at a loss...
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Mar 13, 2008, 08:58 AM
    I think you need to disclose the fact. Did you do any research or learning through the years you were home and get ready for the next job? "I wasn't working for an employer fulltime but I have been learning". It's understandable for the employer but I think they will be more interested in the skills you have for their position.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 09:36 AM
    I will disagree, many people do not use a time frame resume but use other types that shows duties, respnsiblities, or merely lists companies worked for without time frame until you get into the door to talk.

Also again there is nothing wrong with staying home, and many will respect it.
    collinsmom Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Mar 13, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Fr Chuck, that's interesting. I have not seen a resume without dates listed... I will research it. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking and entering [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend was on probation for skipping school. Recently he was caught breaking into someone's house but he was not caught taking anything. He was just seen climbing inside and the cops were around the corner and somebody seen him and called the police. His grandma, who he lives with, don't give...

Organisational culture: a critical insight into its effects on the workforce [ 6 Answers ]

Hi M working on the above topic for my disseration,I want stuff and views of all the guys who are into the organization.I want to study its impact on the workfortce,I being a student do not have any experience on the aboe topic. Kindly guide me and show me the right path

Entering into quickbooks [ 2 Answers ]

I have to enter things into quickbooks pro 2005, I am in the advances part of the class so the homework is not just some parts of a small business but, the whole outlook on the business. I am having problems trying to get this transaction put it. Purchased a 10,000.00 computer system on...

View more questions Search