Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1lifetolive Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Do I have a Lawsuit claims?
    I was arrested and incarsarated in Dec of 2006 got bond on the 13th of Jan. Bin going to court for almost a year out on bond. I was arrested in Pa but live in Fl, so while court calls I had to go to Pa and I went to court a few days ago and the judge didn't even go in the 1st charge, I was told before all charges where dismissed that the police oficers had no reason or right to arrest me. So I was wondering if any rights of mine was violated? In you guys opinion with all due respect.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Most likely not, I would say about 1/4 of all cases are dismissed for lack of evidence. All the police need to make the arrest is reasonable suspecsion, while a court needs proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

So unless there was some intent to do you wrong that you can prove esp because of race or natinality or religion, normally you are just no longer charged.

There is a big difference between what is needed to just arrest, and what is needed to convict. Also all this time the DA went had approved the arrest, and most likely a grand jury approved it also ( depends on your state)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have a lawsuit? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently went to a dental chain & had some work done. The dr suggested I get veneers since I was not happy with my stains. I explained I would be moving across state & would purchase them if they were ready in time. Needless to say, they weren't. I flew back in Oct for the procedure. It all went...

How do I answer a lawsuit on my own [ 18 Answers ]

I can't afford an attorney and the landlord has evicted us and is Asking for more money than he is entitled. How do I file an answer With the court to dispute the amount and to ask that the Many hundreds of dollars of improvements we made to the property In the 16 years be applied to the debt?

Do I have a lawsuit [ 2 Answers ]

I got a 2nd degree burn at work changing the fryers. I was improperly trained and we are not supposed to change the fryers while there on but they made me I got burned and they continued to make me work. I didn't fill out and accident report until a week later and they offered no medical attention

Lawsuit [ 1 Answers ]

My, now out of business, corporation has been sued by a purveyor and they have obtained a judgement against it. My question is, If the name of the corporation is wrong in the lawsuit, is the judgement binding?

Small claims lawsuit question? [ 0 Answers ]

I am in the process of filing a small claims lawsuit for $3000. I bought a $7000 car as a gift for an ex boyfriend. We broke up two months after the gift was given, and I feel I should be paid back either half the amount I spent or be given back the car. I have all the receipts showing I paid in...

View more questions Search