Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Backpacking through Europe
    I am planning to backpack through Europe in mid-May for 2 weeks. I am a college student, so budget is tight... roughly $2000.

I will be starting in London, and from there, I would like to visit Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, and possibly Vienna if money allows.

Is this even doable? I plan on sleeping in hostels and traveling by train most of the time. If anyone has backpacked through Europe for roughly 2 weeks, and have traveled a similar route as I plan on doing, please give me some advice? How much did your entire travel cost you?
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Check out Lonely Planet for hostels and cheap restaurants... if you bought one guide book, that's the one I'd buy. I think its very doable...

Course, backpacking across China is different than Europe, but I'd venture to say that yes, that is adequate funds. Just stick to hostels and bistros. You'll be good. I found that doubling trains and sleeping was a good way to save - traveling at night is always the best, seems faster and no lodging fees!

Have fun!
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Feb 12, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Check out couchsurfing.com you can meet people who will let you crash at their place, show you around, whatever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

To Live In Europe? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am a US citizen, trying desperately to move abroad. I have a 4yr old child and no set career as of yet. How would I go about living and working as a duel citizen in Europe or the surrounding areas? I'm very interested in settling in the general region. What is the level of difficulty for a...

Adopting From Europe [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my Fiancé plan to adopt down the road (in approx. 5 years) after we have two children of our own first. We are planning to adopt from Ukraine or Russia. I know how horrible situations are down there, plus that is where my family came from so it just hits close to home for me. My questions is...

View more questions Search