Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angeletti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Educated Felony needing assistance
    This is my first time hearing about this cite. I hope I can get some type of positive feedback. I'm a felon and I live in Jackson, Mississippi. I just completed college with a Bachelor's in Marketing at Jackson State University. I have a felony charge on my record and I can't find employment anywhere. I tried to get my felony expunged, but due to my charge it can't. I was convicted of possession of cocaine with intent to distribute. This charge can't be expunged in the state of Mississippi. This happened in 2000. It's now 2008 and I got a degree and the results are the same. If anybody can help me I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 10:43 AM
    What programs are available to assist convicted felons in gaining...
    Jobs For Felons

These are a few sites I found, and there are more, I just googled "employment for felons" You can also see if there are employment help within the school you graduated from. Just don't give up, keep pushing, even if there are only temp positions, or part time jobs. Also try, the faith based programs, that are run by local churches, they may have leads.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Hello Angel:

You'll just have to work a little harder at finding work. Try the little mom and pop shops where you'll be interviewing with the top guy.

excon
    reh75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 04:20 PM
    Congratulations!! Your effort in obtaining your degree and turning this smudge on your record into such an achievement speeks volumes. Keep reaching out like you have here and someone in power will hear your voice. If I was in an important business position, I would definetely give you an interview. Some of your greatest minds are in the wrong areas of employment.

Good Luck!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2008, 04:25 PM
    First I wish you luck it is often hard to get your life turned around.
    But yes, smaller companies, you may even want to consider your own marketing group
    DWfreedom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2009, 10:20 AM

Believe me I feel your frustration. After being released from jail I foolishly thought my 5 years with my previous employer would allow them to over look my indiscretion…FAIL! Now I fully endorse the suggestions by previous posters…
    "faith based programs, that are run by local churches"
    …and I would encourage you to work for yourself. With the tools available to you through the networking capabilities of the internet you may be able to start your own business, and I am not talking about impossible to believe get rich quick schemes. Remember this country was built on the ingenuity of small business owners. Try finding fulfilling work with a non-profit organization or as a mentor for youth who find themselves travelling down the same path. My site ADVERTISING REMOVED dealingwithfreedom.com[/url] covers the standard and alternative ways that you can restore your livelihood, rights, and self-esteem.
    P.s. If you can't find the information on my site then contact me at EMAIL REMOVED I love doing research!
    frank0405 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 01:54 PM

Hello,

I will help you by giving you one job offer..
    Will you accept it...
    If you are interested, contact me at EMAIL REMOVED
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 02:30 PM

This is not allowed on several levels - first, you aren't supposed to post your email address. Second, this is a question and answer board, not a job referral service.
    frank0405 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2009, 02:49 PM

My intent is to help that person.. so I did like that... Is this wrong..
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2009, 03:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by frank0405 View Post
    My intent is to help that person..so i did like that...Is this wrong...?

Read the rules of the site - and this is not the first ad for employees you've posted.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 8, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Thread closed. Over one year old and OP has never returned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

NEEDING HELP.How do I get my ex to try again? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone I needed help ASAP. I was dating my ex girlfriend who I love very much with my heart, but I screw up because I was force by my family to take my best friend to my matric dance, I never did anything with her e.g. kissing. THe following day my ex came over to my house and called it off...

I need to be educated on Nikon Camera Lens [ 3 Answers ]

I own a Nikon D40X and was wondering if someone could educate me I have a Nikon 55-200mm lens. What do the numbers actually mean? I am new to the SLR scene and want to learn all I can. If anyone knows a website that can better help me please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help

View more questions Search