Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fountainc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 09:50 AM
    Salary pay
    Can my employer dock my salary if I'm out for medical reasons? The company has a long term disability plain, but no short term plain. Missed six weeks of work with no pay.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Depends on whether there is a sick day policy or not. If people are paid for sick days or allocated a certain number, they can put you on unpaid leave. Nothing illegal about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a minimum salary that a corporate boss must pay the manager of the business? [ 3 Answers ]

I am the manager of a business that has changed over to a corporation a year ago, and have been manager since it opened just 2 1/2 years ago. I make a salary of $1500 (gross) per month. I made an additional bonus for the first year and a half, but last year he decided he didn't want to pay them...

Salary treatment with Sick and Vacation pay [ 2 Answers ]

If you are salaried at 40 hours per week and you have company paid vacation and sick leave how do you calculate your pay for the week if you are absent for 4 hours of one day.

Law on salary pay [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm New At This And I Wanted To Know I'm An Office Manager At Doctors Office And I Get Paid "salary" But I'm Really Not Because I Have To Turn In My Hours And If I Work Only 75 Hours On A 80 Hour Period They Only Pay For 75 And If I Work 82 They Pay Me 80 Is That Legal?

Salary Pay [ 1 Answers ]

We have any employee that is in a salary position as a salesman. He occasionaly will travel for business and occasionally work a little overtime (maybe a 1/2 hr or an 1 hr per week). He normally is in the office Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. He already used all of his vacation and sick time...

Cutting salary employees pay [ 6 Answers ]

Can an employeer cut a salary employees pay and move them to an hourly position because of being absent with out any kind of warning first?

View more questions Search