Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    K_2 Posts: 92, Reputation: 5

Feb 11, 2008, 08:06 PM
    Would Like to Know the Value of Coins Found in a Metal Box, Please?
    I came across a metal box full of old coins. Is there someplace I could go online to find the values?
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by K_2
    I came across a metal box full of old coins. Is there someplace I could go online to find the values?
    K_2 - yes you can list them on this site or send me a emailor privet email, I would be more then pleased to help you all I can , AND I have the 2008 books which I check myself with to make sure I do not give out wrong answers by mistake, things change so fast , sometimes its hard to keep up . Good luck and GOD BLESS :: F.B.E.:) :D :) P.S. I will need the dates, mint marks, type of coin, the mint marks on most coins are on the front side, but some older coins have them on the back side at the bottom or just to the left of the bottom . Just make a list of them with this information.:: F.B.E.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 12:00 AM
    (Piggybacked question and response moved to its own, separate thread from the other question that the original poster posted.)
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Clough - I noticed that something was wrong, and I was having trouble to get what I needed to get to him on the right post sop that he would get my answer and get the information I needed to answer his question . BY THE WAY DID YOU SEND THIS FREEZING RAIN DOWN HERE >IT IS LOUSY OUT SIDE BUT THE SUN IS SUSPOSED TO SHINE TOMORROW SO I GUESS ILL GET MY CAMRAS OUT FOR SOME REALLY BEAUTIFUL PICTURES ABOUT THE TIME RIGHT AFTER SUNRISE > IT WILL BE REALLY PRETTY WITH EVER THING COVERED WITH ICE> I FOR GIVE YOU ITS NICE:: HAVE A GOOD DAY TOMORROW AND TAKE CARE < GOD BLESS :: YOUR Friend ::: F.B.E.

Feb 12, 2008, 09:14 PM
    It'll take me a day or two to get all them listed.

Most of them are kind of hard to read. Some are in collector's packages and written on the outside, but are still kind of hard to see what is on it.

I know one is a 1838 Dime with starts on it and some 1943 pennies. However on the pennies it says "1943 Alum" on the outside of the package. I was aware of the steel pennies, what would "Alum" mean?

I'm sure most are worth little value with them not being in very good conditon, but was just curious. I'll work on the list this weekend.

PS... I'm in MO and we got the ice too. I bet it will be pretty when the sun begins to show.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 10:26 PM
    K_2 GREAT now can you tell if they are large or small stars?? After while I'm going to look in my coin book because I think they made both from 1838 through 1853. I have the 1853 with arr0ws in au-50 condition. That's one reason I know about this coin, I alsop have the 1838 small stars in au-50 half dime; IM very interested in looking these coins up for you . I wish you had a way to post them to me by email ( privet) id love to see them ;;; good day & GOD BLESS :::: F.B.E.
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2008, 01:26 AM
    Hello, F.B.E!

Yes, I did send the freezing rain down your way! I just wanted to share with you the incredible white and icy weather that we have been having here! I also do want to encourage you to keep things posted on the threads themselves so that others might benefit from the answers that have been given. If K_2 would maybe like to post images of the coins on this thread, then I do know just the right person who could guide K_2 in how to do that if there might be a problem.

God's Love and Peace to You!

Clough
    tntwc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 03:02 AM
    I would love to see the coins as well - never seen them before - let us know
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 10:31 PM
    HAY Clough- Last night & this morning we got some light snow ,just a slight dusting , the heavy got caught in MO>& ILL> & KY> thank goodness, I was disapointed this morning though I didn't get to get my pictures , Freezing rain ice was already melted ,temputer warmed up a little over night. but thanks for vthe try, us rebels donts gets much of that's thers whites snuf yous al calls snow downs hears, ha ha::: Clough is this what you wrote about in my email?? IM trying to find out how I can use My printer and then transfer it to a post , I have a dell INSPIRON530& the Dell-all-in-oneinkjet 946 printer, IT also has fax on it . THE reason I had susgested to K_2 about email was because I was not sure he would want to post them here ,do to safety reasons I know what you are talking about though, so every could see them, They are treasures that a lot of people have never seen and probably never will except this way:: I will be on here for awhile yet tonight post ans. Back::: YOU FRIEND :: F.B.E. ;; GOOD EVENING< STAY SAFE & GOD BLESS F.B.E.

Feb 14, 2008, 10:38 AM
    I am assuming small stars, but I've not ever seen one before so I don't know how large/small the stars are on the large/small star dimes.

I'll get a pic up sometime in the next few days.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Hello K:

If you want to appraise the collection, you'd need to take it to a few coin dealers.

Or, if you just want to sell the whole box, tell me how much you want.

excon
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by K_2
    I am assuming small stars, but I've not ever seen one before so I don't know how large/small the stars are on the large/small star dimes.

I'll get a pic up sometime in the next few days.
    Posting a pic or a few would be great! :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 10:10 PM
    :) ;) :) HEY EXCON- IF he decides to sell, I hope he will let me be first in line::: And I will give him actual value prices out of the 2008 coin book,That's one thing I would not do is cheat or lie to someone, SO if he wants me to go over the coins with him <I will be more then happy to because this is a hobby I have had since I was only & years oldAND IF he can post them on here all interrested will really enjoy seeing them, That is when HISTORY IS STAREING YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE AND THE FEELINGS YOU GET FROM IT IS SO FANTASTIC< AND ITS EVEN MORE SO WHEN YOU CAN HOLD IN YOUR HAND A PIECE OF HISTORY > I hope this explains my true feelings, THANKS CLOUGH FOR THE POST ABOVE PS - MY WIFE TOLD ME ONCE THAT IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS ( I"D Probably SPEND IT ON COINS < I SAID NO <ONLY AFTER I BOUGHT A LEAR JET!! ; GOOD EVENING GENTLEMEN HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ::: F.B.E. IT probably has the small stars on the dime , more was made of that type:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Metal and non metal temperature [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me why metals are or appear to be colder than non metals?

Upgrading from a fuse box to a circuit breaker box [ 1 Answers ]

How do I upgrade my fuse box in my home

Found Metal Chunks In Mcdonalds Ice Cream [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, hope your all doing well. I was wondering if I could get some advice. 3 days ago me and my step daughter who's 11 years old, were at Mcdonalds and we ordered 2 ice cream cones. Driving on the way home, the little girl told me she had found something in her ice cream, I blew it off like...

View more questions Search