Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flowerwrangler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Depo-provera changing period
    I have been on Depo-Provera for at least six months. I know that my period would change. Just for this month, I have now been spotting for three weeks when normally I would spot for about the time of a normal period. It was normal spotting before, but for this last week it has been brown and thicker than a normal blood flow. Is this normal with this method of birth control, or is three weeks of spotting something to be concerned about?
    dunno Posts: 160, Reputation: 19

Feb 11, 2008, 09:24 PM
    When I was on depo, sometimes I bled for weeks, sometimes for a few days, sometimes not at all. I was on it for almost 2 years and my period was never normal. I never knew what to expect!

But I do know that I got off depo once I started really reading about it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo provera? [ 7 Answers ]

It is said that depo provera is effective 24 hours after the shot is giving and the shot is usually giving on or a few days after the menstral cycle starts. Is it still effective within 24 hours if I got it two days after the end of my period? :confused:

Depo Provera [ 1 Answers ]

I been on the Depo shot for 3 weeks and sum days,and I been spotting for about 8days how long will that occur?

Post-depo provera [ 1 Answers ]

I was recently due for my last shot and instead of getting it my Dr suggested I try the IUD. Since I had had 3 shots (with no period for 10 months) it was a very painful attempt and I did not get the IUD. Now I am 2-3 weeks overdue for a shot and have had unprotected sex. I was wondering when a...

Getting period after Depo Provera [ 2 Answers ]

I am 38 years old and I have been off the Depo Provera since June 2006. I was on it for 5 years. I got my period in August 2006 and have had one every month since then. They are fairly regular, yet sometimes, the run 28 days, other times 32. One month I was 10 days late, but for the most part,...

Depo Provera [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the Depo shot for a little over a year. I was put on it to try and stop abnormal bleeding. I have recently read on many sites that you should not even take depo if you have unknown bleeding. anyways, i always had abnormal periods and when i was on the shot i didnt get my period at all. ...

View more questions Search