Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annie_20 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Literature Stories
    Hey all!! Im new here, anyway can some one please recommend good literature stories, cause I'm studying English and I don't want to sound stupid and don't know a thing in literature stories! Thank you
    liza70 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2008, 01:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by annie_20
    Hey all!!! Im new here, anyways can some one please recommend good literature stories, cause im studying English and i dont wanna sound stupid and dunno a thing in literature stories!! Thank you
    Depends on what u like... I love henry millers 'tropic of cancer',as well as william s. burroughs 'naked lunch'.both of these books were,at one time banned in the good old'freedom of choice' usa.. ironically,both authors won frances acadmie of arts and sciences for these books.reading is actually a lot of fun,when you take the tike to find stuff that you like... too bad its becoming a lost art.
    Good luck!
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Feb 12, 2008, 09:02 AM
    Interesting. I agree with liza70. It depends on who you are and where you are in life. And, there is a lot of help on the net. If I take your query at face value, here is a site that ought to help The Complete List | TIME Magazine - ALL-TIME 100 Novels It is a listing of the 100 "Best" novels. If you familiarize yourself with some of these, you might be able to get a step up on lit. Beyond this, you might search on "great books" or "best books"
    annie_20 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 03:39 PM
    I read almost everything I'm not that picky but thank you vey much.
    BigMaxi Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 02:21 AM
    Hi Annie, it's probably not on any 100 best lists but I read a great book of short stories years ago and it's remained a favourite, Susan Hill 'A Bit of Singing and Dancing' it's odd in places but really well written. I'm a big reader, you could worse than tackle Paul Auster too, try 'Moon Palace' it's excellent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for children's series books with the following titles: (they are a series by the same author/publisher) Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan Other countries also not just these three

Dissertation literature [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I find literature for my dissetation that asses the link between motivators and customer orientaion? Help...

British Literature [ 4 Answers ]

How does Alfred, Lord Tennyson’s (1809-1892) poems reflect the concerns of the Victorian age? Such as concerns with industrialization and progress, Darwinism, moral uprightness, and a sense of loss? If possible, provide Tennyson’s poems as examples. How does William Wordsworth’s (1770-1850)...

Literature [ 3 Answers ]

Trivia: What book did the author himself have to pay to have published? Walden, by Thoreau, Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman, Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce, or The Wasteland by T.S. Eliot?

View more questions Search