Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skychief Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Workers compensation
    I live in Michigan and will be going to court in a few more weeks on a injury that has happen at work. Does anyone know what type of questions will be ask of me? I know that I will not settle for any money amount,my injury happened at work on my leg . I know the injury isn't serious enough to go on dss. And anyway I need the insurance at work for the kids. I want them to take me back with my restrictions but I know they don't have to. There are a lot of jobs there that I could do but the company wants to play this game to try to stave me in order to take a settlement which isn't going to happen. I either win or lose so could anyone tell me what some questions might be asked of me at the trail and what is the best way to respond. I do have a lawyer but I rather ask people that have been though this already.
    Thanks in advance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2008, 07:57 PM
    They may not actually ask you any question, if they merely will pay the amount that is ruled, In general most workers comp when it comes down to it, has a value system, for each injury, a percent of max for this or that.

So all they had to do, is basically admimt fault, and have judge rule on the amount of money they will pay, they pay, and that is the end of it.

They may ask you to tell them how the injruty happened, and what your current disability is.

If you can do the main funtions of your original job, then you may have a EEOC complain for discrimination for your disability. This has nothing to do with workers comp but is a basic civil rights violation based on disability. They could be reuired to make some job modification ( if it does ot cost to much) to allow you to do your old job.

I would expect them to ask you very little, but to be intrested in medcial records from your doctors.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by skychief
    I live in michigan and will be going to court in a few more weeks on a injury that has happen at work. Does anyone know what type of questions will be ask of me ?. I know that I will not settle for any money amount,my injury happened at work on my leg . I know the injury isn't serious enough to go on dss. and anyways i need the insurance at work for the kids. I want them to take me back with my restrictions but i know they don't have to. There are a lot of jobs there that i could do but the company wants to play this game to try to stave me in order to take a settlement which isn't going to happen. I either win or lose so could anyone tell me what some questions might be asked of me at the trail and what is the best way to respond. I do have a lawyer but I rather ask people that have been though this already.
    thanks in advance.

I would ask your Attorney who knows your particular circumstances and this particular Court - I'm sure he/she will tell you to keep ANY answers you give very short and not to volunteer anything. As Fr. Chuck said - your medical records will decide what happens next.

Usually Workers Comp (at least in my area) is fairly cut and dried, everybody looks bored to tears.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workers Compensation [ 5 Answers ]

I was just curious as to WHY there is absolutely no topic/forum on this big bureaucratic mess? I can't imagine that nobody has dealt with it in some way or another but I can find nothing, nadda zip on the subject anywhere on this board?

Disability Retirement and Workers Compensation [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to understand how long Workers compensation will pay me after my injury. I also am now qualified to apply for social security disability (1 year after the accident) and am still on a sick leave draw from my employer. I feel there is a definite beneficial order to all these things and...

View more questions Search