Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmlaws Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 04:41 PM
    Posting to a Journal
    How do I post the following: Repair service performed for $600.00 cash and $900.00 on account?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 10:18 PM
    I'm assuming it's meaning that there was a total of $1500 of repair services done, and that $600 was paid in cash at the time and $900 charged to be paid later. I could be wrong.

Can you please also post your attempts to do the problem rather than just asking for an answer? But here's a couple of things to think about. If it says cash, take it literally. It's cash. And what would you do to cash if you paid it? (i.e. dr or cr) Also, what does "on account" mean? It means you haven't paid it yet. Where do things go that you haven't paid yet? And lastly, you had someone perform this service for you. What kind of account is that?

Make an attempt to do it. Even if you get stuck, post whatever you come up with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sales Journal &Cash Recepits Journal [ 2 Answers ]

Record the following transactions in the Sales Journal and Cash Recepits Journals. The cost of all merchandise sold was 70% of the sales price. July 2 Sold Merchandise for 21,000 to B.Tate on account. Credit ter,s 2/10, n/30. Sales invoice No. 100 July 5 Received a check for $800...

General Journal Posting [ 4 Answers ]

If you have a general journal entry that is an infusion of capital of say 10,000 cash, I would debit cash and credit capital for the amount. However, when you post the entries, where do those balances go? What happens to the general journal entries? Do they stay for the entire fiscal year or are...

Posting a adjusting journal entry [ 1 Answers ]

How would you post a journal entry when you received the cash in advance for a service to be done in the middle of the month but don't complete the services by the last day of the month? Would you have to do anything? Or would you just wait until the work is done to enter it?

View more questions Search