Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liza70 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Looking for south fl. Jobs for felons
    :confused: hey,my name is Liza.I recently moved to broward county,from l.a.. I am an ex-con.I was convicted of possessionin 1998-as well as all the other tedious misdemeanors that go along with chronic addiction... In any event,I've been clean since '05.When I moved to Fl. in '06,I was fortunate enough to have a family that gave me a job,and,let me move back home,too.Now,my mother has sold her company here,and,is moving to N.J.I have absolutely no desire to move to Jersey-and,the people that bought my mothers business don't want to continue paying me the salary that I currantly have.I went to school to become a dialysis,but,one semester shy of graduation,I was forced to quit because,my record(and,fed. Background check)preclude me from going on clincals... Mind you,I had the highest g.p.a in my class-so,it most definitely had nothing to do with either my ability,or,willingness.Now,I've been on 3 interviews-ALL of which said that they'd be happy to hire me-if I'd not had the audacity to;ve a recovering addict..
    Does anybody have list of where an ex-con,with no history of volence,can get a job,(in south Fl.) that doesn't include picking fruit-or,the words,'fast food',involved?Also,since I still intend to re-enroll in college next semester-does antone know if I'll have the same trouble studying forensics as I did attempting medicine
    Thanks,Liza
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 04:54 PM
    -moved from forum help-
    liza70 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2008, 04:55 PM
    Ex-con needing a job,education in Fl.
    Hey!My name is Liza,and,I recently moved to Fl. From L.A.. I'm also an ex-con.I've been looking for weeks for a new,paorlee friendly job.My currant job is working at one of my mothers businesses,but,she just sold this businees,and,the new owners don't want to continue to pay me my currant salary. (I've got to confess-my mom did over pay me a bit)
    Now since the sale obviously didn't happen over night,I enrolled in school to become a dialyisist.Now,my conviction was for possession-but,it was many years ago,and,in L.A. (I've never been arrested here).In the final semester prior to my graduation,I was forced to quit(I also had the highest g.p.a. in my class),because of my record.I had no violence,and,no victems-save myself.but,because I was an addict(I'm now in recovery,and,clean),I can NEVER have any job in healthcare.
    So,my question is this;will I encounter the same thing if I want to stundy forensics?And,does anyone have a list of where an ex-con with a drug history can get a job in so. Fl. Without the words 'fast food',or,fruit picking involved.I confess,I made a mistake-but I thought that I'd already paid my debt to society.
    Thanks,Liza:confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 04:57 PM
    -moved from forum help board-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jobs for released felons [ 14 Answers ]

I want to know if there is money available for a start up company to match felons recently released with employers who are willing to employ them... they cannot get jobs, particularly after 911

Trucking Jobs for Felons [ 19 Answers ]

I need to know if there are any trucking companies that will hire a felon? (I have my CDL with all endorsements except HazMat. Recently graduated from an 18 week Truck Driving School)

What Good Jobs can felons get? [ 16 Answers ]

I already have a degree, however I am unable to use because of my felony conviction. Dose any body have a list of jobs that I can do , may possible be able to do. Thank you.

Jobs for felons [ 14 Answers ]

I am trying to help a young fellow, who do to an addiction stole a car and now is a convicted felon. He is clean and is looking to get back into society. Where do we steer this young man?

Trucking jobs for felons [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a resent grad from trucking school with a 7 year old felony I've applied to all of the major carriers with no results and the school is no help, were can I go now

View more questions Search