Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolbrezzeb Posts: 74, Reputation: 1
    -

Feb 11, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Heart Attack Or stroke
    I was just trying to find out what is the signs of a heart attack or stroke?my woman gets weekness in her right arm and a couple of her fingers.and she don't be in any uncomfortable postions for this to occur.it comes out of no where?could this be signs of heart attack or stroke and if so what can she do?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 04:38 PM
    signs of a stroke

You can go by the acronym FAST

FACE – does the person's face droop? Ask them to smile.

ARMS – Ask the person to raise both arms. Does either one drift downward?

SPEECH – Ask the person to repeat a simple sentence (My name is _____). Does the person repeat it correctly and do they slur it?

TIME – Time is important. Call the ambulance.

Signs of a heart attack

Pressure/pain in the center of the chest lasting a while

Nausea, lightheadedness, anxiety, cold sweaty skin

Irregular heart rate

Numbness/pain in the left arm

Unfortunately, signs of a heart attack could be many different things. Pain in the chest could just be an anxiety attack. Regardless, if any of these symptoms are too much to bear and lasts for a while, call the doctor.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Could be a signal of carpal tunnel. No one here can solidly and accurately answer - she needs a doctor for that. Hope she gets there sooner, not later.
    flowerchildfala Posts: 96, Reputation: 16

Dec 27, 2010, 08:57 PM
    Stroke is when verssels in the brain become blocked and parts of the brain become deprived of oxygen and blood. A heart attack is usually when the cornanary artery in the heart becomes blocked and blood and oxygen supply gets reduced. Both are medical emergencies that must be must not be left ignored because they can lead to permant heart and brain damage.

Does she have chest pain and shortness of breathe? If she is and also getting weakness in her finers and arm then it is likely a heart attack.
    Does she get any of what ISneezeFunny said? Then most likely it's a stroke. Please tell her to not ignore it and go to the hospital asap when it happens!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squirrels in my attack [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get rid of squirrels in my attic? I know that they came in the side air vents and are nesting in there. What's the best way to get rid of them. I am OK with it if they die in the process.

Heart To Heart (BBC News) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello fellow AMHD Devotees, Just thought I'd share this news story with everyone as I thought it was pretty fantastic! BBC NEWS | Health | Woman face-to-face with own heart Goes to show how important organ donation can be! :) And this one, that literally made my skin crawl;

Stroke attack [ 3 Answers ]

To have a stroke do you need to have very high blood pressure. Or is it the weaken conditions of the artery or vein system And the blood pressure is only moderately high?

Heart attack [ 3 Answers ]

Dear friends, I received a heart attack in October of 06. I own my own business. Two question---Since I am not divorced yet, is my soon to be ex responsible for the doctor bills? And since it affected my income drastically , how would that effect my support and spousal payments? I am in New...

I keep find I'm going to have a heart attack [ 1 Answers ]

Can you help me put my mind at rest :'(

View more questions Search