Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    irishprincess Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Pregnant by illegally immigrant, does he have rights if I don't put his name on b.c?
    I am pregnant... I don't plan on putting the name of my child's biological father on the birth certificate for various reasons... I understand that he can still take me to court for dna, rights, etc.. He is threating me that he is going to get married to get a citizenship... so then he can take me to court... does he have rights not being a citizenship

He has choice not to be in our life... He doesn't want anything to do with us...

He told me when we were talking that he would kidnap her on a visit and take her to St. Lucia... how would you feel if you never got to see your daughter again

I have a duty to protect my child...

I talk to his family... he family supports me in my decision...

Keep in mind that you don't know the whole story... I am not trying to deny him his rights... he wants nothing to do with us... he is getting married and trying to have a child with her... I would love for him to be in our daughters life, he doesn't... I am worried that he will regret his decision one day and get visitations and then kidnap her like it told me he would do
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Feb 11, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Why in the world are you denying him the right to his kid? Just because he is illegal? Do you really want some long drawn out battle that may effect the well being of your child. Do you want your child to grow up not knowing he or she has a father that might love them very much. I know you will disagree with me, maybe I don't know the full story, but as a man, I think you are being very selfish
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 05:04 PM
    He cannot force you to marry him. But you cannot deny him is parental rights. Him being here illegally is not the issue in parenthood. It was not the issue when you slept with him either.

You need to grow up. Now he can apply for citizenship and become a citizen. Hope he does. If he does find some woman to marry, in order to gain a citizenship, that is fraud. That you can report but you need to prove it.
    interinfinity Posts: 142, Reputation: 8

Feb 11, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Oh and I think you should put the fathers name on the birth certificate, I think you are being unreasonable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I think I'm pregnant! But I don't know if I am. [ 8 Answers ]

Im 15 and in so much love with my partner. We've been together for the longest time ever and we started having sex last summer, with protection, but in August I wanted to try it without. So we did. And I THINK that he comed inside, because he did come, but I don't really know if it was inside, but...

I don't think I can get pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Well I'm 17 married and trying to have a baby we have been trying for 5 months and nothing what's wrong with me?? :(

Immigrant rights 101 [ 24 Answers ]

In spite of all the yelling about doing nothing about illegal emigrants: In the past two years, the immigration agency has dramatically stepped up arrests of illegal immigrants in workplaces and in their homes. I would like to find out what you think; if undocumented workers were pouring into...

About immigrant rights! [ 5 Answers ]

Do you think immigrant should have the same rights with people in the country they live?? If yes, why? If no, why not?? Thanks

I don't know what are the rights are for some one who has joint or soul custody [ 1 Answers ]

I had court with the father of my son today I agreed on him having joint custody but I'm not sure what's the difference between joint and soul custody. I would like to know what's the difference between joint and soul custody?

View more questions Search