Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Coy Campbell Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2008, 02:23 PM
    How do I search for my mother
    I am 18 years old and I am now looking for my biological mother. How do I go about that if I know nothing of my parents at all?
    Sand Daddy Posts: 95, Reputation: 14

Feb 11, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Were you adopted? If so, the adoption agency should have some records that may assist you. Additionally, you should be attempting to acquire your original birth certificate, this should provide you with the name.

Feb 11, 2008, 02:30 PM
    Yes I was adopted. I was adopted at 7. Is there a website that mite help me or anything else?

Feb 11, 2008, 02:34 PM
    There are a few out there, just Google search. You don't know the name of the adoption agency?

Feb 11, 2008, 02:35 PM
    No I have no ideal of the agency. Unless you are talking about the Foster home name?

Feb 11, 2008, 02:38 PM
    The foster home name is a start. Basically you need to start looking back to all the people and places you were, ask these people to help you identify your birth parents. If you were in foster care, there has to be some kind of written record of where you came from, this is where I would start.

Feb 11, 2008, 02:42 PM
    How do you find a foster home if you do not even know the location. I am latin from Puerto Rico and my boyfriend is trying to help me find my biological parents. THe ideals that I have is that it is either in Puerto Rico or Florida. The foster homes are called: Children Home Society and Hands in Action.

Feb 11, 2008, 02:45 PM
    So start with those names. You may have to put in a great deal of foot work to run them down, but if you just start making phone calls, ask them if you were ever in the home.

Another option is this, if you were born in the US, there will be a birth record. Assuming your name has remained unchanged since birth, you can do a State to State search for your birth record.

Feb 11, 2008, 02:48 PM
    Try this website. Intelius People Search - Public Records, Background Checks & More

I have had luck locating people from my past, but I also had a great deal of info to assist me. You will have to spend a little bit of money, but it could help.

Feb 11, 2008, 02:50 PM
    Actually my last name has changed. I Know that my last name before was Navies but I am not so sure. Well even if I was born in puerto rico I should have a real birth certificate that the US can have use as well right?

Feb 11, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Yes, when you were brought to the US, a birth cert would have been placed on record as proof of your idenity. Were you made a US citizen?

Feb 11, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Puerto Rico Birth Certificate, Death Record, Marriage license and other vital records

This is the website for PR Vital Records.

Feb 11, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Yes I am a US citizen. Well that is what I was told. They let me in a federal ground school. I am in Job Corps in Kentucky. No matter by the time I get out of this system I plan to get married to my boyfriend. And he is a US citizen

Feb 11, 2008, 03:13 PM
    I am going to check this website out and I will be right back to talk Thanks a lot!

Feb 11, 2008, 03:34 PM
    Okay this was a dead end. So should I look up the number to Children Home Society?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 11, 2008, 03:40 PM
    Have you tried asking your adoptive parents?

Feb 11, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Okay with my adoptive parents I really never got along with them. They had me for the money that was being offered to them. They had the opportunity but they told me that if I wanted to know then I would have to do my own research. My parents have cut me off completely. I am on my own all I have is my boyfriend. I am at this center where they try to help teens like me. I have no place to go. They won't help me and they have crossed out all the information on the paper that had my information
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Feb 11, 2008, 03:59 PM
    You can try sites like Adoption.com that have lists of adopted children and birthparents with hopes of making a match.

You enter all of YOUR information,and any info you have about your bio-mother, and at some point if there is a match, you can be contacted.

The one concern I have here, though: WHY are you searching for your biomom? If you were in foster care, it's usually for a reason like neglect or abandonment. Are you ready to deal with rejection if your biomom doesn't want anything to do with you?

Similarly, are you going to be okay if you do NOT find her?

You can check with the foster care system, check with adoption agencies, and check court records in the city where you were adopted, as other avenues to search.

Feb 11, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Give me a few to look into some other options, BRB.

Feb 11, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Naturalization Records

Try this website, it may provide you with links to assist your search.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother-In-Law Acts Like My Children's Mother [ 6 Answers ]

I would like some advice on how to handle a situation with my mother-in-law. My mother-in-law was always the kind of woman who loved kids immensely, wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, her whole life revolves around her kids, etc. I think that is absolutely fabulous. Me, on the other hand, I've...

My mother acts like a bill collector more than a mother [ 9 Answers ]

I need an opinion... my mother has lent me money for some computer programs and we get our cell phones together so I deposit mine in her account every month to pay for mine and pay her monthly to pay her back for my programs. Lately, my work has been slow, and I will not have the money until next...

Name search [ 2 Answers ]

How do I no if a name for a business is already being used

In Search of Birth Mother and sibling(s) [ 6 Answers ]

I was born in Our Lady of Victory Hospital in 1986 in Lackawanna NY. My birth mother was 16 years old when she had me. I was 18 months old when I was adopted by a family in Williamsville NY and still live with them. My parents told me that my birth mother had another child and they would probably...

View more questions Search