Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lexza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Trampoline Physics
    Harmonic motion. Consider a person standing at rest on the frame of a trampoline with bent knees. When cued, she jumps into the air, landing in the center of the trampoline, which bends under her weight and launches her (vertically) into the air. She relaxes, not making any effort to jump, and passively bounces up and down on the center of the trampoline several times, eventually coming to a standstill.

Describe the trajectory of the jumper over the first three up / down cycles, explaining which of Newton’s laws apply at any given time, and where the forces involved in the applications of those laws come from.

I figure out that the laws were Newton's 2 and 3 laws. Please Help me?
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2012, 07:24 AM
    We do not complete homework for students, however, we do point them in the right direction. I found a great primer on the Physics of Trampolines.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trampoline Waiver [ 3 Answers ]

I own a small day care business. We just got a trampoline. Is it legal for me to let my daycare kids use it? And if it is, where can I get a waiver form?

Trampoline Waiver [ 8 Answers ]

Hello - I purchased a trampoline for my two daughters, and of course all the neighbor children want to go on it. Can you tell me where I can get a waiver form for their parents to sign in case someone gets hurt. Thanks, Tammy

Trampoline physics [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter is 9 and doing a science project with free fall on the trampoline. She wants to attach a scale to herself and see what she weighs when on the trampoline and what she weighs when in the air or microgravity. I assume this all has to do with Newton's 2nd law of motion. However when I...

Trampoline Waiver forms [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I am looking for a site or inofrmation where I can find a waiver form for a trampoline or something similar to that I can amend myself. Have been searching for awhile and have had no luck... help!! Thanks

Trampoline liability [ 0 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a full-size round trampoline for my two kids, 5 and 7. It is in our fenced (3 1/2 ft.) backyard, which is visible to at least a dozen homes in the neighborhood. All of a sudden, every kid in the neighborhood wants to come over and make friends---and the first thing they...

View more questions Search