Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chevy05 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2006, 07:30 AM
    New car
    I recently financed a car at a dealership and the day after I took it home they called me and said we have lowered your monthly payment we need you to come back in what should I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 20, 2006, 09:45 AM
    You must redo you contract to reflect the lower payments.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2006, 07:52 PM
    Did they increase the contracts length (that is, 24 months now compared to 20 before)... or did they simply give you a lower interest rate?

Assuming the latter, go back in and sign a new contract.

Jan 23, 2006, 07:41 AM
    New car
    No, they decreased my payments by 5.00 and my interest rate is 23% at 60 months:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2006, 08:29 AM
    23 percent??
    I surely hope you did not say 23 percent, maybe you mean 2.3 percent??

There are loan sharks in pool halls that charge less interest than that.

Anyway, I would want to know what the change was, compaire contract to contract each wording. I is very possible they merely made an error on the original contract and have to correct it.

Althogh 5 dollars a month is not that big of deal, I would still want them to explain why before I did anything.

The whole interest amount is another issue but I not address that at this time

Jan 23, 2006, 08:39 AM
    New car
    I checked the contract and it is the same only the interest is lower. The salesman said once the deal went through it was actually lower than what was quoted that day of the deal.
    Dorothy Shelby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2006, 04:41 PM
    My husband died 1-9-2006. He purchased a 2004 jeep in Aug. 2005. My name isn't on the contract and he didn't take out in-case of death the jeep would be paid for. After his death, I had the jeep returned. Do I have to pay the differert after the jeep is sold. My husband didn't own anything when we married and he didn't leave me anything but bills. His checking account $181. And he didn't have anyone as the beneficial.We would have been married 5 years this pass Valentine Day! :(
    Dorothy Shelby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2006, 04:45 PM
    [QUOTE=Dorothy Shelby]my husband died 1-9-2006. He purchased a 2004 jeep in Aug. 2005. My name isn't on the contract and he didn't take out in-case of death the jeep would be paid for. After his death, I had the jeep returned. Do I have to pay the differert after the jeep is sold. My husband didn't own anything when we married and he didn't leave me anything but bills. His checking account $181. And he didn't have anyone as the beneficial.We would have been married 5 years this pass Valentine Day!
    The note one the car was pass due for the month of Jan. 2006. They just picked up the jeep a week ago.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2006, 04:50 PM
    You will have to give them then $181. All his assets will be sold to pay his debts.

Any bills he left you with, DON'T PAY. Since he didn't have the assets to pay them.

All his assets will be sold to payt he debts. When there are no more assets left, the creditors are in tough luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search