Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deamonbusiness Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2008, 01:23 PM
    Wine Listings
    Hello,

I am new to this site as you can probably see.

I have a alcohol home delivery service and to be honest my wine list is shocking!! I am not a wine person. I have extensive knowledge in the trade but wies really let me down. My list is at Drinks Xpress - The Off-Licence with a Twist of Home Delivery

I need to improve this and I am looking for some good quality house hold names that I can list to increase my wine turnover. As the consumer market is moving towards wine and drinking at home I need to get this correct and to maybe have a special wine of the month.

Can you help me at all??

Thanks
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 02:06 AM
    You would do yourself many favours if you took a trip to oddbins and looked at there range and abilitys, your wines to me are nothing but supermarket shelf stuff witch is all well and good but will only atract certain clients.

Feb 12, 2008, 11:25 AM
    I have looked into this. The reason that we have the wines we do have is because we just went with the market volume leaders at the time.

The problem I face is that there is so much choice in the market place and as I am not a wine expert I thought that you may be able to point me in the direction that I should go.

So if I compile a list of possibles then can you rate them on the best and the not so good. We will always have the under £5 bottle but this is just for when the men place the order and they ask for the cheapest we have... not too sure how the ladies feel but this is the common practice.

Thanks

Feb 12, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Sorry forgot to say that you have a cute little one. I have a 15month old and another due in October!!
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 03:07 AM
    Oh blimey your about to enter the same world as we did 4 weeks ago we have a 2 and a half year old too giggle its um very challenging shall we say.
    Ill happily look at a list for you I'm sure my hubby will too, just don expect a answer straight away funnily enough I have a crazy life at the moment as you can well imagine ;)

Feb 13, 2008, 07:41 AM
    Thank you and don't worry about the speed of response as I do not start work until 1.30pm as Grandma has Alfie form that time so I can come to work.

Thanks
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2008, 02:49 AM
    Just send me a pm when your ready and ill pass on my email xx
    ConfusedinSC Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2008, 10:20 PM
    I am an avid wine drinker, but I am also a best bang for your buck kind of guy. Here in the states... wine is... well... somebody probably makes some good wine. However, I have recently become very fond of Chillean wines. Especially the Cab/Merlot blends. Frontera by Concha y Toro has a cab/ merlot that is inexpensive, but has all the qualities that I look for in a cab. Robust hints of blackberry, a light yet somehow buttery texture with a full finish and nice medium to full legs. I don't care for anything too woody, but there is a mild touch that compliments its flavor quite nicely. P.S. the ladies will like it and it won't kill the wallets of the gents to boot. Win Win

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a wine we used to drink [ 1 Answers ]

Late 60's - we bought several bottles of a Delas Frers (excuse the phonetics), Cote de Rhone - a wonderful wine at the suggestion of a local wine expert. Later on, we were told that it was a mediocre wine. We didn't do it as an investment, but just because we liked it. Question is: Do they...

Wine Value [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how much a 1972 magnum of Rothschild Mouton-Cadet Bordeaux is worth? Any ideas?

How do I correct file listings in a program code? [ 1 Answers ]

I created a web site on webeasy and I uploaded it But only the first page came up I asked for support but at webeasy they told me they do not offer coding support. I tried to change the titles of the other pages to 002.htm etc.. But it did not work. How do I get into this program code and...

Wine [ 3 Answers ]

I don't drink, so all wine tastes the same to me. However, I do cook with it. IF a cake recipe calls for sherry or brandy, which of the following would be the closest to it. Cabernet sauvegon, burgundy, chadonnay, marsala, maderia. I have all these but not sherry or brandy.

Cooking with wine [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Does anyone know why when cooking with wine my sauce comes out bitter. Is it because I didn't cook long enough? David

View more questions Search