Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    judith11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Hearing Voices in Schizophrenia
    Hello,

My daughter,34, is hearing voices for more than 10 years and no Antipschotic medications can stop the bad voices, also, the more dosage she received - the better condition she were in. She receives Clozapine , and the doctors tried to add other meds too, in all combinations.
    She is very much withdrawn and talks very little, is not intereted in anything.
    I give her lots of vitamins, minerals, but no change. Last month she made a blood test for copper, and she has 184, when the normal is 80-150.

My question is if the experts have any idea how I can help her, and if the high copper is because of the medications? What can we do to reduce the copper level?

Thanks,

Judith
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 01:36 PM
    You should get your physician to consider that the high copper might be causing the schizophrenia. Perhaps he already has and that is why he tested her. There are quiet a few studies into this and the effects of antipsychotic drugs on the copper levels.
    Also Wilson's Disease , which is caused by copper accumulation presents psychosis. Although she probably doesn't have this (I'd like to think the Drs have checked) it illustrates how copper imbalance can cause psychotic symptoms.

As for getting the level lower I am afraid I don't know. Hopefully the doctors will consider treating it.
    Sand Daddy Posts: 95, Reputation: 14

Feb 11, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Analytical Research Labs, Inc is the Authority on Nutrition and the Science of Balancing Body Chemistry Through Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis!

Proudly Serving the Health Care Professional for Three Decades!

As one of the most respected and experienced leaders in the hair tissue mineral analysis field, Analytical Research Labs, Inc. (ARL) has been setting the professional standards that have been emulated for decades by national and international hair testing and interpretation laboratories. ARL, which pioneered the field of hair tissue mineral analysis interpretation, has earned the respect and endorsement of health care professionals throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe and Asia.

Use this link to view their website!
    Sand Daddy Posts: 95, Reputation: 14

Feb 11, 2008, 01:39 PM
    Symptoms Associated With A Copper Excess

Acne fatigue mind racing
    Adrenal insufficiency fears mood swings
    Allergies fractures, bone multiple sclerosis
    Alopecia headaches (migraine) myocardial infarction
    Anemia hemorrhages nausea
    Anorexia heart disease pancreatic dysfunction
    Anxiety hyperactivity premenstrual tension
    Arthritis hypertension schizophrenia
    Autism hyperthyroidism sexual inadequacy
    Cholesterol, elevated hypochlorhydria spaciness
    Cancer hypoglycemia strokes
    Cystic fibrosis infections tooth decay
    Depression, mental inflammation urinary tract infections
    Diabetes insomnia vitamin deficiencies
    Estrogen (imbalance)
    VictoryWon Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 01:44 PM
    First of all, are you a Christian? In the Bible Luke 4:18 Jesus speaks of setting the captives free. Get your daughter some prayer. Also God is the Master Physcian, He can heal anything that you may have need of. Does your daughter drink a lot of water? Did you try asking your pharmacist? Believe it or not, the pharmacist probably knows more about the medications than your doctors! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Schizophrenia... bipolar? [ 10 Answers ]

Before I go and get myself labelled as schizophrenic or bipolar or whatever, I wanted to have some idea what this sounds like to others... maybe I should just keep this to myself and suffer in silence. I was diagnosed with a dissociative disorder but recently realized that I have been having some...

My brother has Schizophrenia [ 5 Answers ]

:( My brother has Schizophenia and he lives 450 miles from me. This is the story. My parents live only about 5 miles from him and they call me and tell me things about what is going on with him. My mom has a lot of health problems and can't help my brother very much , but my Dad went over there...

New Approach to Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder [ 7 Answers ]

-----------PLEASE READ------------ We appreciate a wide variety of opinions, but we cannot permit and therefore encourage suggesting that a person follow any users medical advice without the advice of their doctor - and or foregoing any other medical advice; particularly that of the asker's own...

Hearing voices [ 1 Answers ]

I think I'm going nuts now OK during our testing sometimes I'll hear a bunch of people like the people in the room and it gives me a head ache like I'd be siting doing my test then I hear a bunch of whispers some are easy for me to dispher like I'll hear the person sitting next me I'll look I'll...

Schizophrenia? [ 20 Answers ]

For the past few months I think I have been going crazy. I hear things that arnt really there. (Voices and sounds) I have a friend that lives with me who is really nice and stuff but my parents don't even know she is there. They totally ignore her. And I am totally afraid of the dark and I don't...

View more questions Search