Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clemson Guy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Mitsubishi w/nice sound.no video
    I just got a 'hand me down' Mitsubishi WS-65907, made in 10/2000.

I have tried to hook up 2 DVD players and a PS2. I have not gotten any picture, but get nice audio. I have tried all inputs (S-Vid, Component, and RCA) to no avail.

I can pull the menu up on the main screen and no problems w/colors or picture on the menu.

A DVD was watched on this movie the night before I moved to to my house.

Somebody please help before I take an axe to this thing.

Thanks... Go Tigers!
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 12, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Clemson Guy,

Don't you mean, Go Wildcats, "UK"?

"I have tried all inputs (S-Vid, Component, and RCA) to no avail."

If your "Mits" is similar to mine, then I need some clarification on the above statement.

First, you should enter the TVs menu and make sure that video port you want to use is active. If it has been turned off by the donor of the TV, you will never get a picture.

Is this TV a High Def TV? If it is then I assume that the donor only used the High Def. Is what you are calling "Component" is the High Def (Blue-Red-Green) RCA plugs or port. If so then I'm willing to bet your farm that he has High Def turned on and everything else turned off.

The S-Video port usually sit's atop the (Yellow, Red White) Composite RCA ports. With that configuration, Yellow or S-Video would supply the picture.

But I'd start with the TV's Video Menu first.

Feb 13, 2008, 10:29 AM
    On the menu for each input channel, there is the option of RGB, which I am assuming to be Red, Green, Blue; there is also the option of three series of letters (I am not in front of it now, but seems to me that they are Pb, and two other sets of two letters, Lf, and Py as examples). There is also another option that I recall as off.

Is that the option to turn the HD off? I will try several channels with that option turned off to see what happens.

BTW... As long as we don't play UK any more, and UK beats USC, then they are a friend of mine!!

Feb 13, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Hi Clemson,

The series of two letter is the hook-up for High Def.

RGB is the color scheme used to build the color tables for the TV, I think, but I'm not sure.

I've hot and heavy with the Verizon today because they have screwed up once again with the network.

I'll get on Panasonic's site tomorrow and see if I can come up with something useful to you.

Feb 14, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Ron-
    I tried turning both of those available plug in ports off and running w/S-vid and RCA. When I did this, I noticed that the screen info confirmed that I was using the S-Vid cable.

I also tried using just the RCA jacks. I had no positive result, other than the above info and pretty green screen as well as some good sound.

I sure do appreciate your time and effort on this!!
    Thanks

Feb 14, 2008, 09:04 AM
    My apologies... not Ron, but DON

Feb 14, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Hey, I'm a referee and an Umpire (High School and below) so I answer to just about anything.

I've finally got a stable network so let ve vist Mits' site and see what I can find. By the way, can you describe you connection from cable or dish through to the TV. Please?

Feb 14, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Clemson,

OK, I've got a copy of your new (To you any way) TVs owner's manual. Do you have a copy also?

Don

Feb 14, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Clemson,

I'm looking at page 13, which shows the input connections to the TV.

The left most block depicts the S-Video and composite ports. These are all inputs to the TV.

The first Vertical Slice is for the "SET TOP BOX" and is defined as an S-video only connection (720 LPI), no composite and two audio ports, Red/White.

The next 3 vertical slices are Input positions again for S-Video or Composite (Yellow) video connections. Immediately below the yell wire port are the two audio Input plugs (Red/White).

The third block contains the Monitor "Out" for PIP (Picture in Picture) and really are optional. These are used to communicate back to AV equipment. If you don't need to us them, the PIP Signals are sent to the TV Screen

Next block over is the High Def Blocks. Again you are looking at vertical slices. The first slice allows you to connect your PC and its audio leads to the TV. Moving one slice over to the right are the two Component Level Inputs. The RCA Plugs and receptacles are coded as Blue Red and Green. Blue is the lower hole, Red is the Middle and Green is the top.

The last block is one I have never used so I don't know how to explain it's applied usage.

As to how these relate to your connections depends on what you are going to use as the input source. For example, mine is set up to an AVR. The connections from the Cable box route over to the slice one of the component settings. I do not have an sound because I use the AVR Dolby Digital and DTS sound processors and then into 5.1 speaker system.

If you have a DVD player or recorder that is equipped for High Def or Normal protocols , then you have the option to straight connection to the TV using the appropriate connections.

If you don't have High Def out of your satellite , then you are limited to the S-video or Composite video ports.

Clear as mud?

Feb 14, 2008, 02:57 PM
    No, unfortunately I don't have one. Where were you able to find one. I tried eBay, Mitsu's website and a ton of others. Please let me know where you found it at so I can get my hands on one.

I have tried the S-Vid and composit cords... on all of the applicable 'slices' to no avail. I know that I am on the correct channel with the ports because I can get the clear sound that is supposed to be coming out. When I try running the Yellow (RCA) cable I get the green screen and sound. When I try running the S Vid, same thing, green screen and sound. Just no picture.

While you have the manual handy the last 'slice' has the notation of DTV, does it say what that means? (just out of curiousity)

The DVD player that I am working with has the capability of S Vid and standard R/W/Y RCA cables. I have another w/the R/G/B RCA Cables and have tried that one too.
    Both with the same result.

Again, thanks for your patience and diligence with this!
    Dennis

Feb 15, 2008, 12:17 PM
    With respect to the DVD players. S-video and Composite port on, the video source is switch selectable. There should switch on the back to allow you to tell the DVD, which video source to transmit on. Personally, I'd use the S-video if I had my druthers.

As to the "DT" settings, yes there are defined, but I'm going to have to scoot out to my office and scan the pages in for you and then attach them.

I've go to sneak out because my nephew (2 years 11 months) is finally taking his nap.

Feb 16, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Clemson,

I'm going to send you the entire PDF of the owner's manual via Private Message, if it will let me.

If we can't do it that way, then it will have to be in a direct e-mail to you and for that I will need your real email address. I'll send you my personal address in that e-mail just in case the file is rejected by this system

Feb 16, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Clemson,

No go on the PM so I'll try it here. Well no joy, this way, even compressed the file is to large.

Let me see if I can create a link to it.

Feb 20, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Did you get my email address? Just checking.
    Thanks

Feb 20, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Sent the PDF to you directly last evening.

Feb 20, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Odd, I haven't gotten anything as of yet. Thanks for doing that, I really do appreciate it.

Feb 20, 2008, 01:59 PM
    I'll re-send it today it today.

Feb 20, 2008, 02:24 PM
    I would appreciate it

Feb 20, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Just got back a rejection message. I'll try to get you the link tpo the original copy source.

Otherwise, I'll just have to break it into smaller files.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No sound while watching television.sound when playing video games [ 4 Answers ]

I have no Idea what the problem could be, but if I try to watch television, which is cable, I cannot hear the sound on the television, but If I play video games, then you can hear the sound perfectly... So, it cannot be a problem with the speakers inside the television.. Could it be the cable? What...

Mitsubishi VS60603 sound, PIP, no picture [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have this TV which is about 7 years old. Recently, the picture no longer works (screen is blue). I tried a couple of hard resets but still the same issue. The sound, PIP, and the menu screen are fine, but if I leave it on for say 5 minutes, it shuts itself off as well. This all happened...

Video and sound on my iPod video [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I got an iPod nano for Christmas and I can put videos on it but there is no sound to the videos. Got any anwers?

How do I get my video to convert with sound? [ 2 Answers ]

When I convert the video to iPod it has no sound!! How do I fix it >??

.rar with video but no sound [ 3 Answers ]

I have a consistent problem with downloaded .rar files that, while attempting to view directly from the PC, shows great video but no sound. Any ideas on how they can be viewed on the PC with sound?

View more questions Search