Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 29, 2008, 08:22 AM
    I'd eat ants over lentils any day, especially chocolate covered ants. Nothing tastes bad if you add chocolate.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2008, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by templelane
    Potatoes but I think I'm alone in this one. I also hate mince - bleugh!
    So you don't like mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, fries, tator tots, hash browns...

All the yummyness!
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2008, 11:18 AM
    A few food items that are hated on this thread but loved by me: cottage cheese w/seasoning salt (I could eat it everyday... I love it!), sardines on crackers & mustard, lima beans (w/lots of butter!), asparagus (favorite veggie), mashed potatoes & bean sprouts.

A few nasty food items I can't deal with: brussel sprouts (YUCK), pea & lentil soup (makes me gag), corned beef & cabbage (hate cooked cabbage alone but will eat it raw) and prunes & prune juice (sadly my mother made me drink it).

Has anyone ever tried scrapple before? TASTY STUFF!!
    Jackie D Star Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2008, 12:12 AM
    POTATOES!

ARR. How dare you.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 08:06 AM
    There are some foods my wife dislikes only for texture, not taste.

For ex, she doesn't like raw tomatoes, but is fine with a tomato soup or pasta red sauce (shes italian after all)... same with cottage cheese... it isn't the taste, it's the texture that icks her out. She's not a fan of naked yogurt, but if I make a bunch of berries mixed with a little yogurt (needs to be yoplait custard style) its fine.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 09:50 AM
    How about rice cakes? Basically edible cardboard, actually, the edible part is iffy.
    rpg219 Posts: 504, Reputation: 81

Mar 18, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    How about rice cakes? Basically edible cardboard, actually, the edible part is iffy.

They have these new ones that are chocolate chip flavored cardboard, lol... they really aren't bad. I tried them at my sis-in-laws house... or maybe I was just to tired to notice what I was eating, lmao
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie D Star
    Worst Food - Spam

What do you think is a waste of space in the supermarket? :D
    Oh crikey that brings back memories of my childhood,lots of us around a table and yes you've guessed... SPAM AND BEANS

Not as bad as the smell of cabbage cooking on a Sunday morning... YUK
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Turkey trying to be beef---hot dogs, burgers, bacon, etc...
    Microwave bacon tastes like wax paper to me
    Veggie burgers
    Rice cakes
    Spam
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 01:32 PM
    I cannot stand supermarkets I do my level best to nip in and out as soon as poss'
    The floor stacks are not necessary nor are the secondary promotion bins as the item is already on display on the appropriate shelf and then of course there's all those promotion signs telling you about the stack you've just triped over whilst your reaching for the same item on the shelf.

The staff who quite obviously have lost their voice accept for the occasional grunt now and again when spoken to look at you like you just been beamed down from some long lost planet by captain Scott from the enterprize and to think they are actually paid real money for this, they could definitely go
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rphan
    The staff who quite obviously have lost their voice accept for the occasional grunt now and again when spoken to look at you like you just been beamed down from some long lost planet by captain Scott from the enterprize
    I thought I was the only one with that problem. I remember in the 70's you could make small talk with the sales clerks and cashiers. In the 90's I did nothing but run into the 'grunt is too much more than you deserve idiot' look.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Wow. You guys need to shop in my grocery store. Or better yet, my mom's. If I happen to go in with her, someone recognizes her, then freaks out because they recognize me and they remember when I was this big! I've gone in without her before and the cashier said, "Doesn't your mom shop here?". I've even run into one of the cashiers from my store in public and exchanged a smile and wave.

Guess the staff in my area are the exception!

Well... there is one lady I don't like, I call her "perma-frown-angry-lady". But most everyone else smiles, says hello and is very friendly. The ones who aren't don't last long. Except for perma-frown-angry-lady, that is. :)
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 04:49 PM
    I vote for pickled pigs feet. I've tasted it and I really don't like it. Caviar is my second vote, too salty. When it comes to pigs, it seems the only thing that they don't sell is the squeel.

I was at a restaurant that had pickled pigs ear on the menu. That's probably might be a third vote.

I was going to try octopus at a restaurant, but I didn't quite know what or how to eat it. Anybody have any ideas?

Alligator soup is really, really tasty.
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    I vote for pickled pigs feet.
    :D I didn't include cause I was trying to forget! :D NEVER tasted BUT just the memory of my grandfather eating them UGH!
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2008, 07:33 PM
    I was watching "How it's Made" on the Discovery channel last night, and they showed a fish farmer squeezing the eggs out of a fish. He was using them to fertilize, but it made me wonder if the same (or a similar) process is used for caviar. It was really creepy - the guy just squeezed the hell out of this fish and eggs literally SHOT out! Anyone remember the cartoon "Ren and Stimpy"? There was a episode where they squeezed caviar out of a fish - eerily similar...

I've never had caviar, but after seeing that, I don't want any!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2008, 12:50 AM
    Dried oranges. Eeew.
    Squeeze cheese stuff is pretty gross too.

Fr_chuck, what are chittlings? I've never eard of them before.

I work in a grocery store. I used to try and make conversation with customers but after having the majority either completely ignore my attempts or give me dirty looks and reply in pissed off tones I gave up. I figure if customers want me to say more than "hi, how are you? did you find everything ok?" they'll say something themselves. I'm always happy to carry on a conversation. But I have noticed that sometimes when I shop in other stores and try to strike up a conversation I don't get much more than a grunt either. Ha
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 09:55 AM
    I describe the yuk foods because of taste. The most tasteless food is tofu. It ranks up their with cardboard. Dog bisquits are tastier.
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 10:00 AM
    I was in a restaurant once with some co-workers and they had a dare going for what is the grossest thing that the darers would eat. Well, ketchup and cigarette ashes won. Yep, someone ate them.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Mar 23, 2008, 12:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid

I was going to try octopus at a restauraunt, but I didn't quite know what or how to eat it. Anybody have any ideas?
    Do you mean how to eat what they have already made?

If they are well cooked,they go well with most rice dishes or maybe with a salad.
    If not well cooked they can be a bit rubbery.

If you are planning to make an octopus dish at home I have a simple recipe:)
    Uber Member

Mar 23, 2008, 12:25 PM
    They were already made at an international restaurant. Are you supposed to eat the entire thing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Good foods bad foods [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone knows what foods I should avoid if trying to get pregnane and if there are any foods I should eat more of? Also I am know taking prenatal vitimins after dinner on a full stomach is thar right? Be grateful for your advice X

Dog Foods [ 13 Answers ]

Ok with all this recal on dog food what's a good brand like puruna? And also cheap too:p :confused: :D :eek:

What foods? [ 10 Answers ]

Okay, so I just got these spacers in my mouth, because I am getting braces. The orthodonist said that they will hurt, and to eat softer foods. They are hurting really bad, and I can't eat anything cruchy or hard... any ideas of what I can eat?? :) :) :) Thanks

View more questions Search