Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbbqt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2006, 12:11 AM
    Depo
    I was on the depo shot for 6 months and missed my last shot. Its been a month and I still haven't gotten my period.How long until I get my period again? Should I be taking a pregnancy test?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 20, 2006, 12:20 AM
    Bbbqt, you should schedule an appointment with your doctor as soon as possible. They will give you a pregnancy test and examine you to determine what's causing the absence of your period.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2006, 02:32 AM
    Right I have a lot of experience with depo the stuffs evil to be honest you were lucky to even have a period while taking the stuff, its extreamly unlikely you are pregnant as it takes up to 6 months to leave your system this is also why you won't have had a period.
    I was on depo for nearly 12 years no one told me you shouldn't have it more than three no one told me the risks of having children after well I sure as hell know now it took me 2 years to conceive after stopping that stuff and I was bloody lucky to do so too there are many women out there that become sterile because of it may I suggest you do a bit of research there is a great msn group you could go look up.
    If on the other hand you think you might be pregnant then I suggest you do a test but its rather unlikely.
    Good luck

Laura
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 20, 2006, 02:45 AM
    Curlybenswife is right. Irregular, heavy, or no bleeding are common side effects of Depo Provera, otherwise known as 'the shot'. After a year of use, many women stop having periods, lack of a period becomes increasingly common with longer use. If you are concerned about the changes in your menstrual cycle, it is recommended you see your doctor.
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Jan 20, 2006, 02:25 PM
    After being on Depo for six months I completely stopped having periods. They didn't return for nine months after I stopped having the shots. It's very unlikely that you would be pregnant.
    cannxo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Hello,

I believe it takes anywhere from 6 months to get pregnant. That's what my doctor told me.I took the Depo shot one time in July. I did not receive the second shot and started taking Vitex and Liquid B6 & B12 and I went and got the blood work to check levels to see if it was even possible to get pregnant.My Doctor said once your body levels are good no matter if your having your period or not you can still get pregnant because you are ovulating. Sex everyday because you don't no when you are ovulating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 18 Answers ]

I just started the depo shot about 5 days ago... so far all I have heard about it is horror stories... I am glad to report that so far I haven't had any side affects... only a little more sensitive... but then again it hasn't even been a week yet... I kind of just got on it with out asking any...

Depo shot & missed periods [ 19 Answers ]

I was on depo for over a year. I had my last shot in October 2005 & never returned for another because after going to the dr. for tonsillitis he informed that the depo shot was the reason I had been gaining weight so quickly & my sex drive was completely gone. That having been said I have been...

Post Depo Provera [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I looked through the other posts and nothing really answered my question. I was on Depo Provera from September 2005 through May 2006. Since the time I left Depo this past May, I've had a brown discharge. The discharge has been consistent throughout these past three or so months, and I've had to...

Depo Provera [ 3 Answers ]

I was on the Depo shot for a little over a year. I was put on it to try and stop abnormal bleeding. I have recently read on many sites that you should not even take depo if you have unknown bleeding. anyways, i always had abnormal periods and when i was on the shot i didnt get my period at all. ...

View more questions Search