Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rubyjane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Free schools?got a felony
    My boyfriend has a felony. He was convicted a few years ago for selling drugs. Because of it he cannot find a decent paying job where he lives. He wants to go to school but has no money or help from anyone. Is there anywhere in California he can get schooling (college or trade school) fully paid for? He tried jobcorp in SF but they denied him because he owes money for the felony. He is interested in cooking and mechanics. Thanks for the help
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 07:14 PM
    There are no free schools for felons on the outside. If he was in prison they have lots of different free schooling. He'll just have to earn it like the rest of us out here. The fact he got popped for drugs is no excuse not to get a job. He'll have to eventually own up to the fact that he can just cancel any free schooling as he threw his scholorship possibilities away when he did drugs and did not go to regalar school. There is no free lunch out here for felons, sorry. Maybe if he paid off wahtever he owes maybe job corps could help him.
    simonek Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

May 21, 2008, 05:03 PM
    He can sign up for college and they will pay for school or he can apply for student loans because I know some people who have felonies and they are attending college as I type
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 06:17 PM
    There are some non profit groups that get federal funding to help with felons getting them jobs and job training, it may not always be the type of job he is wanting but again it may be.

If he owes money on his parole or probation, and is behind, that may harm him in getting some loans or grants for school but he can apply for the same grants and loans that everyone else does,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony [ 6 Answers ]

Is a Court Martial a Felony or Misdemeanor or Felony. I see many questions on this topic... please post my input. A summary Court Martial is not a felony conviction period! There is nothing in the military to equate a Court Martial to a felony or misdemeanor conviction. The federal courts look...

Free/Almost Free Online Multiplayer Games [ 51 Answers ]

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone could recommend any free/nearly free online multiplayer games. A few friends and I are looking for some good games over the internet. Preferably something other than a MMORPG as you have to devote a lot of time to those in order to keep up with each other. ...

Contraception in schools [ 178 Answers ]

For school we're having to write a persuasive paper on a topic of our chosing. I recently had to switch mine because, I was having issues finding information on my other topic. The topic I got switchted to is 'Contraception in schools' basically whether school nurses should or should be allowed to...

Hunting Schools [ 2 Answers ]

Are there such things as hunting schools, where they teach how to hunt game (tracking, setting up stands, field dressing, etc.)? I can sloppily field dress rabbit, but want to move up to big game. I just don't know anybody that hunts that could teach me.

Looking at new schools [ 0 Answers ]

Where can I find questions to ask a principal at a new school I am interviewing?

View more questions Search