Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manchester thani Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 10:03 PM
    Israel cnflict
    What is the true story behind the israel and palestine conflict?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 10:09 PM
    They have been fighting for 1000's of years for one reason or another in that part of the world. The current reasons change, but the fact is, they fight because that is all they know from history and beleifs.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Two nations of people at the same place at the same time. '"Land is the only thing in the world that amounts to anything, for 'Tis the only thing in this world that lasts, 'Tis the only thing worth working for, worth fighting for - worth dying for." -- Margaret Mitchell
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 07:13 AM
    That battle has been waging since Old Testament times and will continue until the end of the world.

Now if you want to do some reading on this, please refer to:
    http://assets.cambridge.org/97805218...rontmatter.pdf

Brief History of of Palestine, Israel and the Israeli Palestinian Conflict (Arab-Israeli conflict, Middle East Conflict)
    tilo Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2009, 08:06 AM

Well as you perhaps know that Israel had more wars than every other country in the world it is just because they did not recognize the REAL GOD when HE came to save them that is why the war in this country will continue till the end of time, for sure.
    IamChange Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2009, 04:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by manchester thani View Post
    what is the true story behind the israel and palestine conflict?
    To understand this you have to understand Zionism, the Holocaust and Jewish Group Evolutionary Strategy.

Zionism

The modern Zionist movement, which started in the late nineteenth century, had one goal: that being the formation of a new homeland for Jews to settle. And they were after one particular area to settle... can you guess where?
    Zionism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Holocaust

The Holocaust story, which was war propaganda, was used by the Zionist Jews to make a case for, and gain their new homeland.
    They successfully argued that only way to stop another Holocaust from happening (even though it didn't happen), was to establish a new land for the Jews to inhabit. It's called 'self determination', no longer would the Jews be at the mercy of a host population. "Never again"...

This is the place to educate yourself on the Holocaust...
    Holocaust Denial Videos

Jewish Group Evolutionary Strategy

The Jews had (and still have) a massive influence in the US, if the Zionists wanted a new homeland for the Jews then by default the USA wanted a new homeland for the Jews. There is no Jewish conspiracy in the US, it is just a case group evolutionary strategy... that means the Jewish group actively work to minimize assimilation and maximize their unique identity and goals. This is primarily achieved through precision placement of their group into influential institutions.

Watch this short clip to learn more about how this works...
    http://www.holocaustdenialvideos.com...jges_epi_4.wmv

... or even better, watch the full twenty five minute presentation...
    Nazi Shrunken Heads

So the stage is set...The Zionist Jews had the motive and the means...

There was only one problem... the new homeland was already inhabited. You can see how this may have created problems.

Imagine the UN deciding that the State of Rhode Island was to be the new home land for the Jews... can you see the problems which would arise?

In the context of Israel, the Palestinians are angry that the Jews displaced them, neither groups like each other, their cultures are very different, there is a perceived historical difference.

It's an eclectic mix which was never going to end well.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jul 15, 2009, 04:13 PM

Here is a simplified, probably not dead nuts on, but pretty close highly simple outline version - Certainly to understand the whole thing, if that is even possible, you need to read a broad range of books. It is a deeply emotional issue which tends to bring out extremism, and some downright wakkiness, from both sides.

Rightly or wrongly, depending on your view of Judo-Christian beliefs, many Jews felt that they had a right to return to their God-given homeland in Palestine. The Jews had been basically evicted from Palestine in the 1st Century AD by the Romans against whom they had fought and lost.

This belief, and desire for a homeland, was reinforced over the years by a hostile view of Jews due to their "otherness" as compared to the predominated Christian religion(s) in Europe where many Jews had settled. Violent acts against the Jews occurred over the years... in some cases acts of wholesale slaughter.

Efforts to restart a Jewish state in Palestine were ongoing, I believe, at least by 1900 and likely earlier. The British took control of Palestine from the Turks (who had sided with Germany in the war) after WW1 and over the years dealt with increasing pressure (including terrorism) inside Palestine for Jewish state.

After World War II, based on the guilt from the Holocaust, and the still continuing hostility in many places in Europe to Jewish survivors returning from the German concentration camps (which, I assure you, were very real), the United Nations (admittedly, the US was big player, but so were Britain, France and Russia) basically approved the existence of Israel.

NOT SURPRISINGLY, the Arab Palestinians objected to this takeover of their territory. One would think that the UN would have consulted them, but apparently not. One can certainly make the point that the Jews were likely much better represented in any discussions that did occur within the UN over the matter. Hostilities broke out and many Palestinian were displaced. The displaced were and continued to be supported by other Arab and Muslim countries and are a breeding ground for terrorist activity.

60 years later, the establishment of Israel doesn't look all that logical, I guess, but it probably really did make a bit more sense at the time given the, then recent, events. A little planning ahead would have been nice though. But, the deed is done - approved by the UN, for whatever that is worth. Even the Russians (who I believe could have vetoed it) signed on because the dictator Stalin thought the new Jewish state could be manipulated from Moscow.

Over the years, extreme positions on both side have prevented coming around to rational a compromise... which is very sad because I think both the Jews and Palestinians have much to gain from each other.

Keep in mind that there are other undercurrents here, including the clash of two different religions as noted elsewhere.

DO NOT get all your input from this, or any other, web site. Read books from a range of authors.
    Shinokiba Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Jun 4, 2010, 08:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by manchester thani View Post
    what is the true story behind the israel and palestine conflict?
    I am going to summarize it very quickly.
    built the land of Israel
    Romans took it over and expelled the Jews
    Many Jews stayed.
    Jews were persecuted over Europe, Asia, and Africa
    Muslims started a conquest and took Palestine
    Jews and Muslims both lived in Palestine
    1917-Britain took Palestine and Jordon over
    1917-Britain gave Jordon to the Palestinian Arabs
    Escaping European Antisemitism Jews traveled back to Palestine and set up small communities
    1917-1948 Palestinians attacked Jews for no reason
    1939-1945 Holocaust
    1945-1948 Jews from Europe went back the Palestine
    The fighting continue, and Britain withdrew.
    1948- The UN split the land into Israel and Palestine
    1948- 6 Arab militaries attacked Israel
    1949- Israel won and took some land from Palestine.
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fe/1947-UN-Partition-Plan-1949-Armistice-Comparison.png

Egypt took Gaza while Jordon took the West bank
    1964- The PLO started was created
    1967- Jordon, Egypt, and Syria invaded Israel, and Israel took Gaza, West Bank, Golan Heights, Sinai Desert
    1983-Israeli invasion of Lebonon
    1993-Israel give the West Bank back to the Palestinians, and then the 2nd wave of terrorism begins
    1994-Israel gave up the Gaza Strip
    2005-Israel builds the West Bank Barrier
    2008-Gaza War

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Support Israel? [ 4 Answers ]

Should the USA continue to support Israel financially and militarily?:confused:

The Nation of Israel [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for this information, The Nation of Israel. I am doing a paper on Judaism and one of the things I have to look for is The Nation of Israel. Most everything I find is on the Sects of Judaism. Can any one give me any idea's or help?

Young Jews and the state of Israel [ 5 Answers ]

Hello lanzmen: I read where HALF of American Jews under the age of 35 don't feel a kinship toward the state of Israel. They couldn't care much whether it got destroyed or not. To those of you who DO feel that connection, you understand how troubling this news is. I suppose this was to be...

Why support Israel? [ 190 Answers ]

Why does the USA support Israel? What do we as a county gain from supporting them, when the negatives are so obvious and numerous? Is it political, moral, financial, romantic? Why is the existence of a Jewish homeland still important to America?

View more questions Search