Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Andyrose Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Anxiety
    I'm male, 59 years old, exercise every other day for one hour on an elliptical trainer. I have an incredibly low resting pulse rate of only 45, and a resting BP of only 110/60. With numbers like these, you wouldn't think that I suffer from anxiety, but I do. I've tried listening to various CD programs, and read several books, but all to no avail. The anxiety makes me feel nauseus at times, I perspire a lot, etc. I've read about a product called the stresseraser... StressEraser — Stress Relief that Actually Works. Has anyone tried this, and if so has it worked. With my pulse rate and BP being so low, I wouldn't think that this biofeedback device would help, but then again I'm willing to try anything. At a cost of $300, it isn't cheap, but on the other hand, living with persistent anxiety isn't much fun. There's also another biofeeedback device called an emwave stress reliever... emWaveŽ Personal Stress RelieverŽ from HeartMath. It looks to be similar, but less expensive. I've suffered from generalized anxiety disorder for as long as I remember, and have no desire to go on drug therapy. Thank you very much.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 09:38 PM
    Have you tried yoga, shiatsu, or even acupuncture? An alternative therapy might be just the ticket!

Go to your library and check out a book on alternative therapies and natural herbs.
    Tony J Posts: 90, Reputation: 4

Feb 11, 2008, 09:16 AM
    You might try meditation as mentioned above but there is also a treatment called systematic desensititization in which a counselor can gradually introduce things that cause your anxiety and help you build resistance to the stressor(s). I would recommend that you talk to a counselor that works with behavioral therapies. You might be able to condition yourself to have a reduction in your anxious response to whatever is causing your anxiety. Psychotherapists usually use this treatment for phobias. Also, this treatment will take some time so be prepared to schedule many sessions. I have no advice on your personal stress reliver as I know nothing about it.
    Andyrose Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Thank you very much
    Bernie1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2008, 11:58 AM
    I also suffer from anxiety I am 44 and have been having anxiety since I was 30. I also did not want to take drugs to medicate myself. I tried reading the books and listening to cd's to no avail. I did choose to try Lexapro by my doctors suggestion. It has changed my life. Before I was unable to sit in my car at a traffic light that was red. Unable to go grocery shopping because of the lines. I still very rarely have anxiety but when I do the Lexapro lets me examine what is making nervous, then suddenly reacting and losing my whole thought process. Good luck I don't think I will every lose the anxiety but I have learned to live with it.
    aryanembar Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Try to Manage the Time Let Concentrate on Important and not Urgent part that give relax in all situation and try to going to Peace ful place and listen Music
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2008, 06:49 AM
    A friend of mine recommends EFT,it seems to help him,may help you too.

EFT Emotional Freedom Technique Alternative Heal - EFT Basics

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Anxiety. [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 23. Also a university student and I have a good job. For the past 2 years, I discovered something about myself that I wish I hadn't uncovered. One day, I pretty much fell into a deep hole of loniless. I did not want to speak with anyone I knew and I wasn't living with my family. The...

Separation anxiety [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a beagle/chihuahua puppy from an animal shelter and am trying to crate train her. Whenever we leave the house she poops in her crate and cries and barks non-stop. She is quiet and happy in the crate when we are home. We've tried making her 'party bags' with toys and snacks rolled into a...

Anxiety attack [ 1 Answers ]

My ex boyfriends dad just called me that he is at the hospital with my EX and he is either having an alergic reaction to some protein shake that he has been taking or its an anxiety attack. I just lost a close friend of mine a few weeks ago I can't go through another loss again. I'm 15 and he's 17...

Anxiety [ 2 Answers ]

Here I am at home again. I was invited to visit with a co-worker this weekend. I really want to go. I enjoy her company and we get along well at work. I didn't call. This happens all the time with me. There are so many things that I enjoy, people, church, friends, family, picnics, etc. At work, I...

View more questions Search