Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoopdj Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2006, 11:17 PM
    Replacing Fiberglass Shower/Tub with Custombuilt
    I want to rip out my fiberglass shower/tub assembly (1970 vintage) and install a new tub with tiled shower walls above, glass doors, and all new fixtures. Is there a good plan available somewhere as to how to do this? I'm particularly curious as to what base is required to attach the tiles. Any special waterproofed material required over the dry wall?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 8, 2006, 01:51 PM
    The reason your post was overlooked is because it's posted in the wrong category. Please post plumbing questions on the plumbing page.
    Thank you, Tom
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 15, 2006, 01:06 PM
    shoopdj]I want to rip out my fiberglass shower/tub assembly (1970 vintage) and install a new tub with tiled shower walls above, glass doors, and all new fixtures. Is there a good plan available somewhere as to how to do this? I'm particularly curious as to what base is required to attach the tiles. Any special waterproofed material required over the dry wall? The reason your post was overlooked is because it's posted in the wrong category. Please post plumbing questions on the plumbing page.
    Thank you, Tom Comments on this post; shoopdj: I didn't ask a question about plumbing

And who do you think removes and reinstalls bathtubs. The lawn guy?? Cheers, Tom

Feb 15, 2006, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    And who do you think removes and reinstalls bathtubs. The lawn guy??? Cheers, Tom

Nope. Just me.;)
    Jshafran Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shoopdj
    Nope. Just me.;)
    Thans for your answer. Sounds like a lot of work!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 12, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Hi Jshafran...

You just posted to a thread from Feb. 2006... ;)

Too bad that Shoopdj was a smarta**...Speedball1 could have helped him save time and money!

Good night...

MARK

Aug 13, 2008, 02:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by massplumber2008
    Hi Jshafran...

You just posted to a thread from Feb., 2006...;)

Too bad that Shoopdj was a smarta**...Speedball1 could have helped him save time and money!!

Good night...

MARK

Hey, who's got the time or money to chase you anal union plumbers around for advice? BTW, I'm long done with my project no thanks to the "help desk". If I waited on you low-riders for help I'd still trying to find the correct thread.:rolleyes:
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 13, 2008, 03:21 AM
    Hi shoop...

No thanks to the help desk...huh? Then what's this?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbi...ilt-20164.html

BUSTED!! ;)

We really are glad to help...anytime!!

Have a good day!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Fiberglass Shower/Tub with Custom Built [ 6 Answers ]

I want to rip out my fiberglass shower/tub assembly (1970 vintage) and install a new tub with tiled shower walls above, glass doors, and all new fixtures. Is there a good plan available somewhere as to how to do this? I'm particularly curious as to what base is required to attach the tiles. Any...

Leaking Fiberglass Tub/Shower [ 3 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedHi, We purchased a 2 year old Colonial three months ago. Last week, after a bath in the upstairs master bathroom, I notice two lines of wetness (in the drywall seams)on the dining room ceiling which is directly below the master bath. We inspected the tub, and noticed a new crack...

Replacing traditional cast iron tub with fiberglass shower unit-HELP [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I are growing older (Yeah, but I’m probably still older than you!);) and we are considering replacing one of the tubs in our two bath house with a step-in fiberglass shower unit. My wife broke her hip two years ago and she experienced major problems getting in and out of the tubs....

Fiberglass shower/tub removal [ 1 Answers ]

Would like advice/instruction on how to remove a fiberglass all-in-one shower/tub unit. Thanks in advance for help!

Leaky fiberglass shower [ 5 Answers ]

We remodeled our home recently and this included removing a tile shower and replacing it with a fiberglass shower which was on the second floor. The installation was done by a plumber. We noticed it leaking almost from the start. It drips into the room below down the ceiling fan only when my...

View more questions Search