Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Feb 10, 2008, 08:38 PM
    How does Runescape detect bots
    Now I don't want to know how to make a bot or where to get one. I'm just curious, how does runescape detect bots? I know auto bots that require you to use F1-F12 are easy to detect, but what about the ones that make your actions seem human. My little cousin was using an auto miner to raise his level, and I looked at it for a while. The button clicks worked at human speed, it responded expertley to random events, it clicked random spots on the rocks and items, and on top of that he was talking to other runescape people. How was he detected, I don't play runescape or create bots for runescape. I'm just curious to how jagex could detect something that well made.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 10:52 PM
    People run their bots nonstop, more than a person could ever actually play.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 11:34 PM
    I do not play games online but thought I would try to help

Runescape Macros

How does Runescape detect bots - Google Search

Please rate my answer

Feb 10, 2008, 11:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    People run their bots nonstop, more than a person could ever actually play.
    He plays for about 4 hours a day, too long in my opinion. But I'm sure some people with no lives play longer than he does.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 14, 2008, 06:09 AM
    I play runescape allot not as much as yourself put 1 to 2 times a week. I am a very hight level. Regarding runescape detect bots. It will all depend. The people that do detect botts are moderators. If you do know a bot please add there player name. I will be glade to pass it threw.

Feb 14, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottish2008
    I play runescape allot not as much as your self put 1 to 2 times a week. I am a very hight level. Regarding runescape detect bots. It will all depend. The people that do detect botts are moderators. If you do know a bot please add there player name. I will be glade to pass it threw.
    I don't play runescape anymore, it's my little cousin that plays. And I am also not concerned about ratting people out, the account that the bot was used on is already banned.
    Standing On The Wind Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Mar 11, 2008, 11:43 PM
    Jagex and runescape don't detect bots, as far as I know its actually illegal because then they would have to monitar your computer, which is out of the games boundries making it illegal just like spyware.
    The only way they can detect is if someone reports you, a mod catches you or if they bother to check their records and it says you've been playing for 50 hours striaght theyd probably just check your screen to see if you look like your autoing or they just seem to ban you.

Mar 11, 2008, 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Standing On The Wind
    Jagex and runescape don't detect bots, as far as i know its actually illegal becuase then they would have to monitar your computer, which is out of the games boundries making it illegal just like spyware.
    The only way they can detect is if someone reports you, a mod catches you or if they bother to check their records and it says youve been playing for 50 hours striaght theyd probably just check your screen to see if you look like your autoing or they just seem to ban you.
    If they monitor the game window itself it isn't illegal. I know they can detect their bots with what I think is their detection software.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 12, 2008, 03:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bigchamp
    If they monitor the game window itself it isn't illegal. I know they can detect their bots with what I think is their detection software.
    I do agree with you in some point. Myself and others are mod and we report it to higher. We where also informed that the programs out there now a days are getting more and more advanced. You can never beat live mods then a program. Nice thought though.
    Standing On The Wind Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Mar 12, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Yes your right that they can monitar the window but I was referring more to is that the bot program being a macro based entity interacts in the same way as a user thus detecting if you are using the program is impossible or illegal on their behalf.
    HOWEVER like you are saying by monitaring the window they take records like I said if you click in the same place several hundred times in a row they may get suspicious or if you are logged in for hundreds of hours they may again get suspicious, in which case they might have a user on the server side who could switch to your screen and see exactly what your doing to ban you if you look like your auto mining.

The best way to explain it is through cheats in games like CS and other first person shooters where the hacks are undectable even by windows and such the only way to ban these people is through moderation.
    3613474177 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2008, 12:46 PM
    A bot usually does not use text in the game so a person mining nonstop for hours who does not reply when asked a question may be classified as a bot. Also people who advertise for a website in much faste text than possible are definitely bots. Lol

Mar 31, 2008, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 3613474177
    A bot usally does not use text in the game so a person mining nonstop for hours who does not reply when asked a question may be classified as a bot. Also people who advertise for a website in much faste text than possible are definatly bots. lol
    I doubt they can ban you for ignoring a person as some people are just rude like that. But my cousin was always looking at the screen and talking with his in-game friends.
    Hokai Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2008, 08:47 AM
    They may have a auto ban system where it reads same click in the same area such as a location with numbers, ( don't know what it is called), and they probably can read the scripts of the older bots and some up to date bots. But they cannot switch to your screen and mod it and they cannot mod your computer as you can read the ToS, but they can have a moderator follow you as they can hide themselves and seeing what you are doing.

Also I am not saying this is 100% true it is just under my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't detect keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

Two days ago my son's 6-month-old computer was working fine. Yesterday it started rebooting just before getting to the desktop (could enter BIOS and system would stay up though) and now I can't get it to recognize the keyboard while still in system boot. Any ideas about what is going on?

Stopping Bots from submitting to my Guestbook. [ 9 Answers ]

I've got a guestbook entry page that is slammed by bots. I know there are apps to install like this, but I prefer something simpler. I tried form validation with Dreamweaver on this test page but it does not work. I've got validation set for the "verification" field to be a number between...

Easy way to stop bots from trying to spam my guestbook? [ 10 Answers ]

OK, I know I can install something like this, but I really don't want to install anything. Check out what this guy is doing at the bottom of his page: Franklin Acquisition Advisors I love that! Anyone know how to do it? I'm using dreamweaver, and find that if I assign a value to that...

View more questions Search