Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jooliahh Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 04:55 PM
    I need a controversial topic
    I have to write a persuasive essay about a controversial topic but I don't know what kind of topic to do.

My teacher suggested I do argue about something I like or have a strong feeling for, but I don't really know or care.. .

She suggested music for me; I sort of like that topic but don't really know what to write for it.

I really don't like to write about politics, science, or any of that boring stuff.. . Unless I'm desperate or I have to.

Got any topics for me?

I wanted to do something about animals but I can't think of anything.. .
    Can't do anything about animals being put to sleep because someone is already doing that.. .
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Write about how some types of music encourages violence and how much of an impact it has on pitbull fighting.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Music containing racial terms and offensive language should be banned

Bush should call out the military and declare hisself king

And yes any comments about pitbulls

Should the government be able to control what we eat, i.e. the outlaw of certain oil in cooking in NY
    cutlass1970 Posts: 16, Reputation: -1
    -

Feb 13, 2008, 05:38 PM
    Why don't you write about this !
    It includes both, music and animals !
    It is a new discovery pertaining to hummingbirds.
    I don't have all the details on who and where this study took place but,
    It is recent and was conducted at some college or university in the U.S.
    The discovery has to do with
    Some, if not all species of hummingbirds.
    The male, or males while flying around to court the females,
    Go into a dive and give out a " chirp " ,
    It is while studying this " chirp " that they discovered that,
    The bird is not using it's mouth and or talk box/vocal chords
    To produce this sound,
    It is produced by fanning out it's tail feathers for an instant,
    And the feathers actually vibrate ,
    Not unlike vocal chords vibrate to create sound !
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 07:31 PM
    You could talk about animal testing for medical and/or cosmetic purposes. Is it okay to test on monkeys to cure cancer? Why or why not? Is it okay to test mascara on bunnies before marketing the product to consumers? Why or why not?

What about PETA and the ALF? You can talk about their missions and if they are adhering to them, what their actual goals are (here's a clue, it's not just about not beating animals), as well as the controversies they've caused.

For music you could talk about violent lyrics causing kids to act out, or the use of derogatory language toward women, the encouraging of drug use, etc.

You could even debate on musician's rights with regards to their work and illegal downloads, ticket prices, should there be age restrictions on concerts?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Controversial Historical Topic [ 12 Answers ]

I need do a historical investigation and I'm looking for a topic that is controversial. I know all history is controvesial but I don't have much time to leisurely go about picking a topic. I need a good topic that has enough information available so I can write 1500-2000 words on it. Please help. ...

Controversial history [ 2 Answers ]

Hii.. I have been said to make a thesis statement on "Explain why history is so controversial"... Plzz help me out I'm really confused.. :confused:

Controversial History [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I received an assessment where I was in depth required to investigate and write a report on a controversial historical topic. I was thinking about doing something related to the fall of ancient Mesapetamia however I was not sure whether there would be sufficient information. If you know of...

View more questions Search