Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Hillary replaces campaign manager
    It seems Hillary isn't doing to well? Is she?

The Associated Press: Clinton Replaces Campaign Manager
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2008, 05:52 PM
    Well it certainly can't be Hillary's fault so she had to take it out on somebody:rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 02:14 AM
    Too funny Nohelp.

But I was a bit surprised at how much scrambling she has to do. I'm looking at all the canidates. She said some things that I did like and caught my interest.

Oh this whole thing gets me confused.

Thanks No :)
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 06:02 AM
    It is not unusual to shuffle the staff during a campaign. Hopefully the Evita Obama race will be a messy draw all the way to the convention . I would love to see the Dems split by a nasty floor fight.

Broomhilda is planning to ask Madam Mimi and Harry Reid to try to convince Obama to "stand down" lol .

The Clinton camp hopes to stop the Obama bandwagon by winning Texas and Ohio primaries on March 4, after which Mrs Clinton is planning to call on party grandees including Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House of Representatives and Harry Reid, the party's leader in the Senate, to persuade Mr Obama to stand down.
    Hillary Clinton's advisers 'in a state of panic' - Telegraph

Howard the scream Dean is planning on a major intervention if the race isn't settled soon.

The problem is that the deciding factor could be Super Delegates votes . Super delegates are seated based solely on their status as current or former elected officeholders and party officials.They are not sent there by the primary and caucus vote.
    There are some Super Delegates who have threatened to leave the party if the nomination comes down to their handful of votes over the will of the primary voters.

Open Left:: How I Could Quit The Democratic Party

Donna Brazile,who managed Al Gore's presidential campaign in 2000, is a super delegate .She told ABC "If 795 of my colleagues decide this election, I will quit the Democratic Party. I feel very strongly about this."

ABC News: Obama vs. Clinton: Will Voters or Elite Decide?

Leading Dems in the House and the Senate are calling this a potential "train wreck" .

Democrats Warn of Coming 'Train Wreck' as GOP Moves Closer to a Nominee - You Decide 08!

Another potential source of controversy is the delegates of Fla. And Michigan. Both states had their delegates stripped because they defied the party by voting early .

In Florida's case, each of the candidates agreed to play by the DNC's rules and vowed not to campaign in the state at all. In Michigan, the candidates agreed not to “participate” in the state's primary, which led John Edwards and Barack Obama to remove their names from Michigan's primary ballot.Evita promised not to participate in Michigan's contest, but she refused to take her name off the ballot. With no one else to vote for the primary voters split the block between Evita and "undecided " .

Evita decided to actively campaign in Fla .and the other candidates including Obama did not . She easily won the count but presumably did not pick up any delegates . She is planning to challenge the ruling of the national party so the delegations are restored . Expect this to go to the courts. How ironic would it be if Fla. Was again the center of a controversy in the electoral process ? Obama wants a 2nd contest in those states before their delegates are restored . But if that happens then I'm sure she will scream foul . But what would she have them do ? Change the rules midstream ? If she uses Michigan and Florida to capture the nomination, the Obama camp, and their supporters,will feel that she stole her victory. They didn't contest those states because they weren't going to count, not because they were so committed to the DNC's procedural arguments .

So what you have here is a potential for a number of reasons for one of the candidates supporters to think the nomination is stolen from them . Imagine that irony when they have presumably worked so hard the enfranchise core groups of supporters for both camps ?

This is going to get very interesting in the coming weeks . Evita's hail mary pass is the Texas and Ohio primaries . If she doesn't win them decisively then expect chaos and crisis in the Democrat party throughout the rest of the campaign.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 12:12 PM
    I would think it's hilarious that these Florida votes could be in the courts, but it only reminds me of the mess The Goracle started in 2000. It is ironic that Florida Dems are being "disenfranchised" by their own party... or is it Hillary being disenfranchised? :D

It looks like Obama's strategy of saying nothing so well is working. Of course it doesn't hurt him that the Clintons keep sticking their feet in their mouths. Hillary first told us "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good." A week ago she told Stephanopoulos her health care plan might mean "going after people's wages."

And the reason why I think there are a number of mechanisms, going after people's wages, automatic enrollment, when you are at the place of employment, you will be automatically enrolled, whatever the mechanism is is not as important as, number one, the fundamental commitment to universal health care... "
    The Clinton's candor is starting to get the best of them. Speaking of that, I wonder how Bill's black apology tour is going?

Steve
    P.S. Shouldn't the IRS be going after all these churches mixing (Democratic) politics and religion?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 12:44 PM
    Speaking of the Goracle. The rumor is that if there is a deadlocked convention that the Goracle would be the compromise savior of the party.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 01:23 PM
    The Republicans have got into their own fray:

Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee on Monday challenged the results of his party's weekend caucus in Washington state, where he ran a close second to likely Republican nominee John McCain.

"We're going to demand a full accounting. We're going to see what happened ... I appears that arbitrarily the party chairman just decided that he thought he could see how it was going," Huckabee told CNN.

Huckabee protests Washington state caucus vote | Reuters
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_crow
    The Republicans have got into their own fray
    The Huckster's campaign says their issue is solely with Esser calling the vote, and I don't blame them. You don't call a vote that close with 87 percent counted. They say we should have a final count today.
    Dark_crow Posts: 1,405, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 03:39 PM
    I agree, Esser should have gone further. But then he is probably arguing that he knows the districts…guess we will hear soon.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 04:42 PM
    What an unbelievable mess.

Would she really ask Obama to step down and does she really expect him too?

Just my curiosity - you guys don't like her too much? "Broomhilda" kind of gave it away.

Why? Just wondering and also to learn from your valualbe perspective (s). Seriously, you guys are so knowledgeable.

When it gets to all this recount stuff - and gets so far removed from a clean election - it's hard to put your heart and soul into it and put faith and value in the process.

Okay, gentlemen, why Broomhilda?

I guess there is no chance at all that they would be running mates? Okay then, would either pick Edwards?

Who would Hillary pick do you think?

Sorry for all the questions, but appreciate the insight :)
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 05:16 PM
    I think there are two or three books out now by people that worked for her,
    They say she is totally rude and cusses at her staff and security.
    She wants everything to be about HER. She claims she is for the little guy but she isn't at all.
    Everybody is just stepping stones to get her the power she wants. My guess is she has many of the sociopaths qualities Profile of the Sociopath

They said she was scheduled to go to a 4H club event. They pulled up to it and she said "Why are all these people in jeans and with animals. There is NO money here." and demanded her driver to keep going.

She is taking drama classes so she can learn to cry and show emotions to look more real.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Holy Crap Nohelp.

That is SCAREY. I tell you what... that is one great acting teacher.

How much do we know if those stories are really true? There's no $ here!! Sadly, that doesn't seem to be much of a stretch.

LOL Sociopath: )

What a shame - she seems so darn bright. I really can't stomach the Mr. that's for sure.

Thanks NO - always coming through.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Sociopath hey? She may very well be. I like the deifintion provided. Put it this way, if she gets in at least you guys will no what to expect. After all you have had 8 years to get used to a President with thosee qualities. :)
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 07:13 PM
    8 years Bush--8 years Clinton--8 years Bush and a Clinton again ---FORGET THAT!!
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 09:29 PM
    George Snr was only in power for 4 years but I get your point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fashion Marketing Campaign? [ 8 Answers ]

I need to write a one page analysis of a successful fashion marketing campaign... help. I was think Marc Jacobs because they are unique and all of their advertisements are not typical like others. But I don't know what else to say. I don't know what to say about a certain campaign. If you have any...

If Giuliani's campaign wasn't dead before, it is now... [ 22 Answers ]

Think Progress » Rudy Floats Dick Cheney For Vice President Again

The Republican campaign [ 55 Answers ]

Conservatives and Republicans Does the endorsement of Mitt Romney by National Review (long time publication founded by William Buckley ) mean anything to you ? Will it have any influence on who you support ?

What is the budget for a advertising campaign [ 4 Answers ]

What is the budget for a advertising campaign

Campaign money [ 1 Answers ]

When an candidate decides to no longer run for office either drops out or isn't running for the next term, does he/she get to keep the money raised on their behalf? If not, what happens to it? Thank you.

View more questions Search