Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bakerboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 04:44 PM
    I cannot renew my IP address for my wireless network
    Hello everyone

Can you help me?

I cannot renew my IP address for my wireless network.

I can find my wireless network in range when I search and when I type in my password which I know is correct I cannot renew my ip address and when I then repair my network it does not work as it stops on 'Renewing Your IP Address' and then sais that the following action could not be completed 'Renewing your IP Address'

Have you got any ideas

If you have then please say

Thank you for reading

Bakerboy
    5675 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Feb 17, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Delete it then type it in again that should work
    TechEmperor Posts: 93, Reputation: 8

Feb 20, 2008, 08:13 AM
    What kind of wireless card do you have and what is controlling your wireless connection, windows or the software that came with the card? If you are using the Intel Pro-Set wireless software to manage your wireless connection then you need to get the latest version, older versions don't connect to secure networks.
    If you are using Windows to manage the connection then try disabling the security on your wireless and check to see if you can connect. If you can, then turn the security back on, retype your password and try it again.
    Fishie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Hey, I'm having the same problem..

My brother got a new laptop and when we connected.. mine failed.

It says its connected to the interent.. but then when you try to get on the interent, it says I'm offline.

So when I click repair it says my IP address cannot be renewed..

How do I find out where my ip address is?
    Or how to 'renew' it
    dzone Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Aug 2, 2009, 11:21 PM
    To change the IP address of a computer, it is necessary to know what kind of IP address the computer is assigned to and which IP address indeed that computer should change. To change the LAN IP address, one must know what the LAN connection’s name is, as well as the original router settings etc. And you can chk your ip address from IP-Details.com : Find your IP address Information

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cannot renew IP Address - Wireless; laptop; XP Pro [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I have been trying to add a 2nd wireless connection to my home network that currently hosts one wireless and one ethernet connection. The computer is a Compaq Presario R3000 that has been successfully networked at our former home for about two years. However; that was with a different...

Nintendo wii wireless network problems can't renew ip [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to set my nintendo wii to be able to go online. However every attempt has left me more frustrated and confused. I have limited connectivety, yet my signal strength is excellent. I clicked repair connection and it froze on renew ip address. Help! Also should my dhcp be enabled?

IP address wireless network [ 7 Answers ]

My laptop can't find the IP address on our wireless network. I've put in the network key, but it searches and searches for the IP address.

Can't renew ip address [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me my computer won't renew its ip address?

Can't renew IP Address.. [ 6 Answers ]

Hi All, I am in need of some serious help. I'm using dell computer running on XP. I use a Belkin USB adapter to connect to the internet, but I'm using windows own "wireless network connection" software to connect to the interet. I connect to Airport Express, using the belkin USB but now I...

View more questions Search