Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dawn92 Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Feb 10, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Horrible split ends!
    I have about shoulder length hair and its getting really really bad split ends. I can't cut it or else it will be too short and my hair won't grow back fast enough afterwards to accommodate new split ends.
    Does anyone know any products or things I can do or use to help.
    I have to straighten my hair every other day because my hair is naturally poofy.
    Not wavy or curly, just poofy and frizzy.

??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2008, 05:55 PM
    I like Aussie 3 Minute Miracle and leave it on as long as you can. Like if you don't have to go anywhere leave it in for an hour or more.
    It helps some. I don't like the other Aussie products but that one works for me.
    Pianoprincess Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 03:25 PM
    Well, first of all the straightening might be one of the causes of your split ends.
    Try cutting off an inch or so of hair to get rid of them; a lot of products just cover up split ends
    Or glue them back together.

If you truly want to get rid of your split ends, just do the first option I mentioned above. It worked
    For me.
    If you just want to disguise them, try the shampoos on the annoying t.v. commercials.

Pianoprincess Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 03:30 PM
    And I'm sorry, I read a bit too fast.

Other than cutting, I don't know any options for your current situation.

You don't have to cut it that much, right? Just enough to get rid of the split ends.

Split ends will just split further up the hair shaft if you don't do anything.

If your split ends aren't bad to the max, just cut them off. Cut a bit higher than the split part to
    Ensure a healthy end.

And once again, I'm sorry for misreading your descrpition earlier. Hope this answer helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Split ends breaking, freezy hair [ 4 Answers ]

Please help My daugther is 16 years old, she is mixed black and hispanic, she has curly hair, for the last thee years she has been experimenting what to do with her hair. We used relaxer two times, hair color 2 times. She uses the hot flat iron a lot , because it is the only method that works...

Condition ends only [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a rhyme or reason as to why you are only supposed to condition the ends of your hair only?? I've heard this for ages and always conditioned all of my hair down to the scalp... :eek:

Over colored ends [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there PrettyLady! You are so wonderful to do this! I colored yesterday over bleach and lowlights to a level 5rc light copper brown. It turned out way darker than I expected and my ends almost look black. I'm not sure what to do about the ends. Should I do the Dawn dishwashing liquid? The hair...

Split ends trimmed [ 2 Answers ]

Should I trim my hair while it is wet or when it is dry

OddS and EndS? [ 13 Answers ]

Hello there, people! Haven't seen you all for a while! Well I came back for the following reason.. Remember my last posts about being in a long distance relationship that was getting a little too hard for me and my guy? Well I ended it in September, that's why I didn't post, cause I had NO...

View more questions Search