Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jan 20, 2006, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainForest
    I think you did it right.
    I hope so, I do not want to be the BUTT that does it wrong, I am trying to stay out of trouble.:p
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2006, 06:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilfyre
    Did I do this right, you see with me, i read the instuctions, but half the time I dont understand them. well hope it was right. (O:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=18340
    You did nothing wrong. However, there was room for improvement. First, Rickj as representative for the Mods requested that we do nothing. He says one of them will catch the post within 24 hours and move it. We are waiting for clarification on whether to report it or not.

Second, I personally, would have given a fuller explanation of why it should be moved.

But the important thing is that you did answer the question in place, but suggested a better place to ask it.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jan 23, 2006, 01:24 PM
    I'm glad everyone is talking about this. I have been guilty of answering threads that are more introductions than actual forum questions and I never really thought about it before.
    I guess I just wanted to make new members feel welcome personally but I do understand where everyone is coming from.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2006, 04:14 AM
    Let me add to this: I missed the obvious.

You can also use the Report Inappropriate Post link and for comment, just type "wrong board" - and that would speed up it's being moved even more.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 25, 2006, 11:51 AM
    Still Going On
    There are still lot's of people sending answers to posts that are posted in the incorrect area's ! Can we all please agree to report them and not post a reply -- >> here is one with a few replys https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=18761 :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 25, 2006, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nwsflash
    There are still lot's of people sending answers to posts that are posted in the incorrect area's ! Can we all please agree to report them and not post a reply -- >> here is one with a few replys https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=18761 What kills me is that they have gotta know there posting in the wrong area?? Our are they that dum :confused:
    Remember, the Active Members forum is only open to members with 200 or more posts. So not all members might see this. If you see someone answering a misplaced post, you might PM them and politely let them know about this.

I did that with that particular note (PM'ed Mr Yet). The thread was moved, so I don't know whether the last 2 responses (Chuck and Lisa) were added after it was moved.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2006, 12:53 PM
    Good Point. I've moved this to Member Discussions so all can see it.

Hey, maybe even change the title of this to "Why do people keep posting questions in Introductions?????" so it will stand out?

Hmmm. Lol, maybe I should move it right into the Introductions Board itself!

Jan 25, 2006, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rickj
    Good Point. I've moved this to Member Discussions so all can see it.

"Why do people keep posting questions in Introductions?????" so it will stand out?
    lol, maybe I should move it right into the Introductions Board itself
    Now Rickj that sounds like a good idear:D add it as a sticky to the Introductions bord, with this post what's everyone think?

Jan 25, 2006, 03:11 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Good point about the PM will give that a try. Cheers Scot

Jan 25, 2006, 03:12 PM
    Comment on RickJ's post
    Introductions Board with a sticky what u think Rickj

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Introductions and... [ 3 Answers ]

I went to a friends birthday party this weekend and meet a girl. I spoke with her about five differnet times during the night... I even "saved her" at one point from a "sleazy" guy... at the end of the night my friends were leaving and I went up to her asked her if she wanted to exchange numbers......

View more questions Search