Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dannyboy53050 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Furnace pilot light
    :( I am having a problem with my pilot light going out in very windy conditions. I have a coleman furnace in a mobile home. Any ideas on how I can correct this problem? Dan
    eagark Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Feb 10, 2008, 02:32 PM
    The trouble with coleman type furnaces is the combustion air often creates a wind tunnel effect in the combustion area of the furnace which is sealed. An option is to get an updated flue cap which Coleman redesigned several years ago, which might help, or perhaps the pilot oriface is dirty, or as a last resort, the flue may need to be extended with a kit. Usually the cap does the trick.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The pilot on my propane furnace will not light [ 3 Answers ]

The pilot on my propane furnace will not light. The tank is full, turned on , we have pressure at the regulator where it enters the house,the line is turn on at the furnace, but can't get a flame at the pilot. All systems are go but can't get the propane to flow from pilot.:mad:

Furnace.pilot light [ 1 Answers ]

Our pilot light on our furnace keeps going out.. Does anyone know why?

How do you light the pilot light of a Carrier furnace? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you light the furnace of a Carrier furnace model #58DLA110-12?

Pilot light on propane furnace won't light [ 7 Answers ]

Hi! This is a little long, please bear with me... Two days ago we woke up to a very cold house, and upon investigation found that the pilot light on the furnace had gone out. Searched around, didn't smell much gas - so we tried to re-light it. Well, it lit and stayed lit (and we got the...

Furnace won't come on unless you blow on the pilot light [ 2 Answers ]

We have a older rheem gas furnace with a honeywell 3300 thermostat. When we turn on the furnace, the pilot comes on, but does not ignite the furnace. However, if you blow on the pilot light, it lights right up. But you have to do this every time. When the temperature in the house gets cold,...

View more questions Search