Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbell Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 01:03 PM
    2004 jeep cherokee loose outside mirror assembly
    The outside driver electric mirror is loose and I would like to know how to tighten it. I can't seem to find anything I can tighten, all I can see or feel are the wires..
    Thank you,
    Jim
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jbell
    The outside driver electric mirror is loose and I would like to know how to tighten it. I can't seem to find anything I can tighten, all I can see or feel are the wires..
    Thank you,
    jim
    Jim, is it just the mirror glass that is loose? Or are you referring to the entire mirror housing that is loose?

Feb 11, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRich
    Jim, is it just the mirror glass that is loose? Or are you refering to the entire mirror housing that is loose?
    Thank you for your response... It is the entire mirror housing. The electric mirror is fine but the housing moves freely and will not lock in place... I removed the insert under the housing but all I could see or feel are the wires...
    Thank you,
    Jim
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 11, 2008, 06:00 AM
    The mirror bolts go through the door and attach from the inside.
    Open the door and remove the triangle shaped piece from the inside and you will see how it attaches.
    I hope this helps...

Feb 11, 2008, 06:34 AM
    Thank you, I will try this. I assume this will tighten the mirror housing that swivels back and forth that holds the mirror.
    Thanks
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 11, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Nope. The swivel has lost it's fluxxy and the entire mirror will likely need replaced.
    You could find something suitable and jam it between the mirror head and its base, enough to stop the swing.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 05:24 PM
    Yep, jb weld it jbell, or use duct tape. Ha ha.

Feb 12, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOWERMAN2468
    yep, jb weld it jbell, or use duct tape. ha ha.
    As I expected.. The tape is in place and will get some jbweld... Thank you for your help.
    Allaboutgq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2008, 05:54 PM
    jbell,

Was wondering if you ever found a solution to this problem. I know exactly what you mean I also have an 04 Grand Cherokee that has the same problem. I too popped off the little cover on the bottom but can't see any way to tighten it.

There must be a way to do this. I can hold the mirror tight by hand and move it back and forth so that it works perfectly. If there is a way that it can get loose then there must be a way to tighten it. I personally am not satisfied with jb welding or using some other means to fix it in place.

Im still going to work on this and find my own solution. But was wondering if you ever discovered anything. Please let me know you can email me directly at [email protected]

Thanks
    Matt

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

93 jeep grand cherokee [ 4 Answers ]

I just got a cherokee and it did not come with a manual... my question is where can I find a diagram for the fuse box? Also, the running light in the back does not work and I have tried new bulbs they won't work in it either, what should I do to get it fixed? Not trying to get pulled over for...

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee [ 2 Answers ]

I plan to replace the valve seals in this jeep, it is a 4.0 liter. I want to re-verify which is the exhaust and the intake valves. Looking from the passenger side of the car which is the first valve? Or am I SOL until I pull the valve cover?:o

1997 jeep cherokee [ 1 Answers ]

Can any tell me the location of the windshield washer pump and reservoir also the location for the fuse (there is no mentioning of location in the owners manual) for a 1997 jeep cherokee.. when I trigger the washer fluid I do not hear the pump running. Thank you in advance..

88 Jeep Cherokee Transmission [ 2 Answers ]

My son has an 88 Jeep Cherokee, Automatic 4X4. The reverse just went out in it. Goes in to drive OK, but nothing in reverse, I assume it's the transmission. My question is how safe is it for him to drive until he can get it fixed? I believe all the parts inside the transmission are different...

View more questions Search