Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nnicknack Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Who pays for job relocation?
    I would love to work for one of those huge, beautiful hotels in Las Vegas! Unfortunately I don't have enough money to pick up and 'make that move'.
    Is there a program, company, government agency that'll pay for relocating from one city to another to begin a new career/job? (I don't have any professional accolades - no degrees or certification of any kind). I'm a simple girl - blue collar all the way.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 10, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Generally relocation is offered when a company recruits you. I doubt if you would get it in your circumstances.
    jillianleab Posts: 1,194, Reputation: 279
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Some large companies offer relocation assistance for their employees for certain positions. This is usually only done for positions which they need a specific person with a specific level of skills and knowledge. If, as you say you are a "blue collar" kind of girl, you'd probably be looking for a position in one of the hotels as a desk clerk, or waitress, correct? If that's the case, chances are the hotel will not pay for or assist you with moving expenses. There are also no agencies that I know of which help people do what you are asking.

My advice to you, if you really want to make such a move, is to start making a plan and save as much money as you can to accomplish your goal. You can do it on your own - you just need to set your mind to it!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 03:02 PM
    For certain management personnel, for some companies in areas where it is hard to hire people, the company hireing you will pay, if you are looking at a entry level job, it is doubtful. ( although after the Hurricane, some LA companies were offing bonus for people to move back and come to work)

So you try and get a job from one of these companies, pack up a uhal, or as much stuff as you can in your car and move.

In my last move to atlanta, I put everything I owed in a uhaul ( sold a lot first) and put it all into storage when I got into Atlanta.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breaking Rental house lease due to state job relocation [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering If I can break my lease in Texas because I just got a job in another city in Texas working for the state as a corrections officer? My lease doesn't end for 5 more months and I have to move in about a month. My landlord told me I couldn't get out of the lease one time before...

Breaking up Apartment Lease Early from Florida because of Job Relocation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I rented my Apt in Aug 2007, I am on 1 yr Lease, got Lay off start of Nov & searching for jobs, I got some offers out of State & area, which are very good, what r my choices to break the lease. I called the office and they said I have to give 60 days Notice, or 2 months Rent, Plus 1 month...

Rental termination due to job relocation [ 2 Answers ]

Does Michigan offer early rental agreement termination due to job relocation without penaty?

PA-Breaking lease due to job relocation? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know if you can break a lease due to a new job in another state? We're from PA. I looked through the links for PA laws in the stickys. However, I saw nothing pertaining to this except for Mobile homes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

New job and relocation/terminating lease [ 2 Answers ]

I am taking a new job in Ft. Lauderdale as a high school math teacher. I have given the 60 day vacate premises notice required by the lease. The landlord is stating that I am responsible for the entire amount of the lease. To be paid on a monthly basis(which ends in OCT '07. I will be leasing a...

View more questions Search