Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frust8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Inducer Motor Direction
    I have a Carrier WeatherMaker 8000 and my inducer motor goes in the opposite direction when furnace is not running. Could this cause a mis-firing. Without consistency I get a code 14 or 34 when furnace fails to work. Completed a component test and all seems well. Help.
    eagark Posts: 14, Reputation: 3

Feb 10, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Often a inducer motor will rotate in reverse when no power is applied because of positive pressure up the flue which causes a windmill effect. If it continues in reverse when power is applied, then you have a problem. Otherwise, unless it spins very fast, and has trouble starting the right direction when the furnace starts, I wouldn't worry.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Code 34 and 14 is ignition failure= dirty burners, dirty flame sensor, low gas pressure and so on. If it was a fault do to the inducer motor you would get a code 31 or 33.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace inducer motor [ 5 Answers ]

What are the implications of a furnace inducer motor drawing high Amps?

Inducer Motor Problems [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Gas Furnace installed in 1997 and have been experiencing the following problems: The usual run for the furnace has been inducer motor on, ignition (with flames), and then the blower motor comes on. I have been having the inducer motor come on, run for about three minutes,...

Goodman Inducer Motor [ 18 Answers ]

I have a Goodman Gas Furnace installed in 1997 and have been experiencing the following problems: The usual run for the furnace has been inducer motor on, ignition (with flames), and then the blower motor comes on. I have been having the inducer motor come on, run for about three minutes,...

Cracked inducer motor [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I had a heating company come out and replace the ignitor on my furnace this morning. While they were here they mentioned that my inducer motor has a crack in it. They said if we don't have a new motor replaced this could cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Has anyone else heard of this? ...

Problem with inducer motor which just went out. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, this is my first question on this forum. I hope that some of you can help me out with this query, as I'm literally out in the cold right now. My inducer motor just went out on our central a/c heating unit. It's a York rooftop model. I am wondering if someone could guide me as to...

View more questions Search