Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 08:58 AM
    A year on from the breakup. WOW!
    Hi so I thought I would post. It will be a year tommrow that my ex broke up with me. Where am I today? Its not a success story I am afraid, though I have got myself back which was the whole idea of no contact anyway.

Well I haven't spoke to her for over 7 months now, I started nc because I couldn't handle her being in my life in whatever way it was. The best thing which helped me is no contact and I should have kept to it from the start because in all honesty it's the only thing you can do to get yourself back when your hurting so bad from a relationship its taking over!

I haven't heard from her for ages, thought we were in the same club she was too busy snogging guys to say hi, I think one day it would be nice to here from her again. Maybe I will email her in a year, see how life ended up for her. She obviously didn't care too much about me in the first place. I heard that she had dropped out of education and was working full time in a café and was a bit of a sl*t. Good riddance there then maybe? Good I gave up a long time ago that she would ever come back.

The last year has been one of the biggest years of change in my life so far. It was actually a good thing that she did break up with me as I got a real kick up the to change my way of doing things.

I am 'over' her now, though I still think of her its not like she's my main thought of the day. So it took a lot of heartache to get over her and the past but hey it was a good learning experience which I can take into the future.

The best thing any of you can do suffering from a breakup is: No contact followed by a good spring clean of your life. Do things that you have allways wanted to do, like get fit, go travelling, change your old social groups around, get rid of stingy no good friends, change your routines around, change job. Whatever you need to do do it but without the ex.

All I can say is, it does get better with time but only if you let it. If you get caught up with the ex again before you are 'healed' your going to be stuck in a revolving door with no escape!

So enough of this relationship larky. Valentines day, pah! I feel sick thinking about it now. I imagine I will be single for a long time. I have lots of planned for my life, I have lots of travelling planned - maybe I will meet someone then, I finish my degree soon and life is going well. It will also soon time for me to move away from my safetynet at home and get a career, new friends (I have a lack at the moment). So ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :).. GOOD luck
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Good hearing from you again, Jiser, and glad to know life is doing so well. Enjoy it, you deserve it.
    Questions2007 Posts: 127, Reputation: 26

Feb 12, 2008, 04:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiser
    Hi so I thought I would post. It will be a year tommrow that my ex broke up with me. Where am I today? Its not a success story I am afraid, though I have got myself back which was the whole idea of no contact anyway.

Well I haven't spoke to her for over 7 months now, I started nc because I couldn't handle her being in my life in whatever way it was. The best thing which helped me is no contact and I should have kept to it from the start because in all honesty its the only thing you can do to get yourself back when your hurting so bad from a relationship its taking over!

I havent heard from her for ages, thought we were in the same club she was too busy snogging guys to say hi, I think one day it would be nice to here from her again. Maybe I will email her in a year, see how life ended up for her. She obviously didn't care too much about me in the first place. I heard that she had dropped out of education and was working full time in a cafe and was a bit of a sl*t. Good riddance there then maybe? Good I gave up a long time ago that she would ever come back.

The last year has been one of the biggest years of change in my life so far. It was actually a good thing that she did break up with me as I got a real kick up the to change my way of doing things.

I am 'over' her now, though I still think of her its not like shes my main thought of the day. So it took alot of heartache to get over her and the past but hey it was a good learning experiance which I can take into the future.

The best thing any of you can do suffering from a breakup is: No contact followed by a good spring clean of your life. Do things that you have allways wanted to do, like get fit, go travelling, change your old social groups around, get rid of stingy no good friends, change your routines around, change job. Whatever you need to do do it but without the ex.

All I can say is, it does get better with time but only if you let it. If you get caught up with the ex again before you are 'healed' your going to be stuck in a revolving door with no escape!

So enough of this relationship larky. Valentines day, pah! I feel sick thinking about it now. I imagine I will be single for a long time. I have lots of planned for my life, I have lots of travelling planned - maybe I will meet someone then, I finish my degree soon and life is going well. It will also soon time for me to move away from my safetynet at home and get a career, new friends (I have a lack at the moment). So ONWARDS AND UPWARDS :) .. GOOD luck
    Glad to hear you are moving on. Our timescales are very similar. My ex ended our relationship a year ago, I implemented strict NC 6 months ago, the change in how I am feeling is massive. Both in terms of myself and how I perceive her!

Keep it up!
    serena6878 Posts: 94, Reputation: 10

Feb 12, 2008, 10:51 PM
    How old are you now? You must be very young. Please don't say you discover that she's actually a sl*t after you broke up. You might just not be meant to be together, but if you were still together, even if she dropped out of class, and many things happened later, you would be the one who still love her and care about her.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Feb 12, 2008, 11:35 PM
    Hey, I'm glad you did so well at moving on! I really likes this update, I believe you can call her what ever you want. You seem to have it together and I really enjoyed reading your advice on how people should deal with scenarios similar to yours. Good on you Jiser!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My ex-boyfriend wants to see me after a 4 year breakup [ 45 Answers ]

I broke up with my ex-boyfriend 4 years ago after being in a 10 year relationship with him. He e-mailed me yesterday and I know I saw him by my job as well yesterday, so I text him asking him was he by my job and he texted me back saying the man I saw wasn't him. He told me he would like to see...

Wow I can't believe it [ 37 Answers ]

... So many of you have read my previous posts about how great my marriage was going, and so forth. Today - my husband decided to - lets just say - put his hands on me again. I got him taken out of the house for a while, they told me they could get him counseling, and maybe both of us...

Not just another 19 year old breakup [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so where to start... heres my story, Im 19 years old and I've been steady with the girl of my dreams for just over a year now. Recently we broke up. Ive read a lot of the other posts in this forum prior to posting, so I will skip to the points that are really important. I met her my senior...

WOW I ReallY need help [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I'm 15 years old and am having erection problems. Sex has been pretty dificult.Sometimes its kind of hard to get an erection when it comes down to sex. So my girlfriend gives me head to get it up and ready. Then when I put the condom on it usually doesn't stay hard. It seems my main problem is...

Wow - could it be... [ 12 Answers ]

So OK - I spent all weekend with Pete and we had a wonderful weekend. On Saturday we went out with my friends and it was such a great night. We went out to a local club. We all had so much fun. Towards the end Pete and I were dancing and just gazing into eachothers eyes (sounds soppy I know)...

View more questions Search