Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

Feb 10, 2008, 04:56 AM
    Think and lose
    Hi you guys, I'm a 21 yr old female that has been desperately trying to lose weight for a while, I recently gained a lot of weight due to me being laid off, and I I've been sitting around eating w/o exercising, it seemed like no matter what diet I go on, I don't see any lasting results,I gain it all back plus more,so any way I was watching a infomercial on TV one night called think and lose, and it interest me because its doesn't evolve any magic pills or anything, its actually hypnosis, it tricks your mind to thinking your not hungry, or it triggers something in your brain to help you eat less, and more healthy foods, but any way I wanted to know if anyone have used this, and if so what are your thoughts about it?
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 07:48 AM
    From what I understand the only way to lose weight it to eat fewer calories and exercise.
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 08:19 AM
    What ever the mind can believe -- a CD can help you achieve

If you believe you can lose weight -- you will follow through

weight loss cd, Weight Management, Education Learning items on eBay.com

Hope when they look at you -- they can't believe how great you look

Pop it in your computer -- CD or MP3 player -- and see results!!

Best part no expensive pills or diet plans
    krazycee07 Posts: 86, Reputation: 4
    -

Feb 10, 2008, 09:13 PM
    flossie, I know that diet and exercise is the answer for losing weight , but I'm really bad w/ diets and I hate exercising, that's why I was so interested in the think and lose program, but I get w/ your saying thanks for advice, and biggsie thanks for the link ill definitely check it out!
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 13, 2008, 11:26 AM
    You can always try a balance diet. Try to stay away from the fatty foods. Try walking every day by speeding the pace every day. It is hard to loss weight with out a partner. Try to find a friend to do stuff with you on a day to day basses. The more active you are the fast it will work. Plus you can always come back to this site and inform people how you made out and I am sure they will give you some motivation. Please get back to us.
    360killas Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2009, 06:53 PM
    Well try finding an activity you enjoy, cause I play basketball and I never gain a pound I'm not sure if it has to do with age cause I'm 16 and 5 11 but when it ball season I weigh about 140 and when its over I'm about 160 so sports really help a lot try it with a few friends
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 29, 2009, 11:33 AM
    Krazy...

Its fine you struggle with diet and exercise... welcome to the rest of humanity. ;) you are mortal.

You also need to realize that a thin person is not necessarily fit... yes, its better generally to be thinner than obese... but even a "fit" looking person needs to use their body to keep it at its best. That means using what you've got... like it or not.

So...

You've struggled with diets and you hate exercise...

Concerning diet... I usually tell people to not change too much about what they are doing, at least at first... just change portions a little... take a smaller plate, take a little less... you might be amazed at how, in just a week or two, taking just a little less food will keep you full... and if you start to add fresh fruits as a "dessert" at mealtime, you will likely begin craving the "right" foods and begin to naturally eat better...

A steamer is a great thing... you can cook many things without the oils or fats and season to your liking at the end.

In time you can address baking versus frying, bigger changes in food selection and cooking... but I think it takes 6-8 weeks for most exercise and diet changes to become a habit... so are you giving it time?

As for exercise... you might not like what you've done, but really, finding SOMETHING you can do is key to the best results.

So you might not like to run. Fine. What about going to a local park with a trail and walking at a brisk pace? Have you tried jumping rope? It's the devils work, and can burn more calories with lower impact that jogging...

Have you tried at home dvds? Like those that you can often "rent" for free from the local public library? I have a bike trail behind my home and a gym membership, but there are mornings when the only workouts I'm willing to do are 1) dragging my sorry arse out of bed and 2) putting a workout dvd in the machine.

I'm not saying the mental side should be ignored... but honestly... the mental side doesn't do a lot for your heart, for your vascular health, for your endurance, for your lung capacity...

So... don't give up on the tried and trues of fitness... you must address diet and you must move your body... you just might need to find what works for you...

And like I said... I don't judge any new workout for at least 2 months of real, constant work... if, by that time, you aren't feeling stronger and primed to be more fit, its time to look at what you are doing and what could be done better...

Mental health is tied to fitness and overall health. If you are worried and stressed or anxious, your body will respond. Your hormones can be out of whack. Your sleep can suffer (quality, not just quantity). The mind can affect the body, for sure. Ultimately... you need to address all areas.

For me... the right exercise gives me an escape... time to myself... time for a mental release.

You might need to do the same, but in reverse order... find a way to mentally relax and center... but you still will need to actively search for ways to move your body to see best results.

Have you tried pilates or yoga?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help me lose it [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm brandon and I'm 15. Now I play football and I want to get into rele good shape. Im 5'9 and 160 pounds. I work out and have muscle but I still am not happy with my body. My stomach seems to get huge every time I eat the littlest things and I dotn want to end up making myself throw up just...

Trying to lose [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I'm new here.. but I weight 240 and I have been wanting to loose weight ever since I got this way.. I have tried diets and it doesn't work.. its really hard for me.. I'm so stressed all the time, I'm depressed, my husband says he loves me the way I am... but I know deep down inside he wants me...

Have it all, don't want to lose it all. I think? [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost my high paying job. I am not able to meet my financial obligations. I have the American Dream- House, Wife, Nice Car, etc. etc. and it is all going down the drain. While this situation has evolved and occupied my every thought, I really got to see my wife's true colors. My wife is a...

Why did he lose it? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey there, my boy and I have been together for a long time, I am 18 and he is 19... there was a situation which I am confused about... sex has never been a topic for him and I until now, we have never had sex or oral sex besides the whole dry sex thing where clothes stay on... the other night when...

I'm going to lose her, how do we get through this? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 28 and my girlfriend is 25. I have been in a relationship for over three years with my girlfriend and I love her to bits but I have a problem with myself in that I keep going behind her back to go on gay or bi chat sites, not to meet anyone but to chat and arrange a meet but never can go...

View more questions Search