Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 10, 2008, 03:39 AM
    Two samoyeds better than one
    I have a tw year old male neutered samoyed dog I would like to get a female samoyed pup as a companion for him my question is have I left it too late to introduce a pup as my dog, ozzy is 2 now. And do you think my male dog would get jealous? Or would he appreciate a friend he is very gentle and friendly towards other dogs but he does insist I give him the lions share of my attention if another dog is around
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 11:17 AM
    I had a samoyed years ago and he seemed to be quite independent and didn't even appreciate another cat in the house, he had to be numero uno and I did love him to pieces. They are such a super breed. I wouldn't introduce another dog into the pack. Let him be the only one. I don't think it will work knowing the breed as I do.
    katrina27 Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Feb 16, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Thanks for advice. I got my samoyed, ozzy in the dog pound. I just want him to be as happy as possible.
    We have just moved to the country so we have lots of space and I thought a friend might be good for him. My husband says I'm bonkers!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 06:36 AM
    He will be happy being top dog. Samoyeds are really one person dogs, with no other distraction. They are a wonderful breed, even the tiny American Eskimo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search