Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crazy-mambo Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Feb 10, 2008, 01:23 AM
    Right age for sex?
    OK so I'm not planning on having sex anytime soon.. but I was just wondering when do you think is the right time or age for sex?
    I know the legal age is 16... (im 16 by the way :p )
    But yeah just wanting your opinion on it, cause it seems to me like people are having sex younger and younger.. I know of 11 and 12 year olds who have been pregnant!:eek:
    I don't know about you but that is WAY too young
    hope2help Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 01:31 AM
    lots of people have lots for different oppions about the topic but when its gets down 2 it its entirly up to you if u don't like the idea of doing it that's fine but remember if u do protect yourself i.e.. Condoms etc... 2 protect from STD's and pregnancy unless u want 2 make baby's lol=)
    crazy-mambo Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Feb 10, 2008, 01:40 AM
    Haha I love babies :p
    I agree its entirely up to the person though :)
    Thank you for your opinion :)
    Jackie D Star Posts: 72, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2008, 02:31 AM
    Protection + Love + 16 = Everythings Good.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 10:22 AM
    You say you know 12 is WAY too young... for what? Sex or parenthood?

You've already pointed out the whole problem with this topic. Sex feels good, so you think about doing it. But sex is not about feeling good, it's about making babies. Even with birth control, sex can still make babies and does every day.

Sex at 19 might = babies

Sex at 29 might = babies

So, in a nutshell, the answer to your question is in your question. You're ready to have sex when you're completely ready to deal with pregrancy without it ending your life. Since sex makes babies and birth control affects but doesn't CHANGE that fact, as long as you're cool with pregnancy issues, go for it. Enjoy.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Yep - way too young indeed. The right age is when you're married.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 10:42 AM
    The "right age" to have sex is a really personal decision for everyone. I lost my virginity when I was ony 15. Some people would say that was way too young but I don't regret it at all. But I also know some people who lost it even a few years later than me and did regret it because they still weren't ready. Some people believe you have to wait until you're married. It's really up to you to decide when you're ready. There's never any rush. I've heard plenty of people say they wish they'd waited, but I have yet to hear anyone say they with that they'd lost it sooner.
    marisaann543 Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Feb 10, 2008, 12:21 PM
    WHEN YOU ARE READY, find someone you trust and respect, if you are quesioning it, you haven't found the right one!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 10, 2008, 12:28 PM
    First, 16 is not a universal age of consent. It alsomatters the age of your partner.

Second, JBeaucaire has good advice. Ive said many times here that NO ONE should engage in sexual intercourse until they are physically, emotionally and financially ready to have a child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Sex if great when you are old enough to become a parent and ready to do it. As a boy, are you willing to do something that may cost you 20 to 25 percent of your pay as a adult for maybe 1/4 of your working carrer.
    As a girl, are you willing to become a mother, knowing that amost for sure the boy will ot be there for you for long.

Kids shoul be kids, go to school, graduate and start life and then worry about getting invovled in activities that will have a lasting effect on their physcial and emotional life.
    amazin-amber Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2008, 04:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy-mambo
    ok so im not planning on having sex anytime soon.. but i was just wondering when do you think is the right time or age for sex?
    i know the legal age is 16... (im 16 btw :p )
    but yeah just wanting your opinion on it, cause it seems to me like people are having sex younger and younger .. i know of 11 and 12 year olds who have been pregnant!:eek:
    i dont know about you but that is WAY too young
    I think everyone's different - some people want to get it over and done with, and others want to wait and make it special. I think if you just sit back and not worry about it the right guy will come along and it'll be amazing. So as to the age - I think its whenever your ready, 16, 17, or even older, just don't rush.
    MeNdOniMe Posts: 40, Reputation: 3

Feb 15, 2008, 01:44 PM
    I think you should do it whenever you feel ready... personally I 'lost my virginity' at 11 and I don't regret it 1 little bit... many people said I was far too young but my best friends didn't care. I am now pregnant at 14 and love it... I can't wait and have everything organised for the birth... my friend on the other hand is 22 and is still a 'virgin' and is very happy she is saving herself for marriage and does get taunted for it but I admire her for being able to do that... I am not saying either of us are right but it just shows that whenever you feel ready you can do it and be happy no matter what other people think.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 15, 2008, 02:01 PM
    That is a tough question. I think everyone is different. I think the right age to have sex is when you are committed to each other, ready to care for a child together if pregnancy happens (financially ready and emotionally/ psychologically ready), and when you are both ready to take that step. That is just my opinion. I admire those who wait for marriage and think it is a wonderful idea. If you don't want to wait till marriage, I would say at least wait until you're mature enough to handle a child because it happens, even sometimes if the girl is on birth control.
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 02:34 PM
    I thought I was going to lose my virginity to the right person at 16.

Turns out,

He was a real jerk. After a couple more of possibilities I just gave up and waited. Why? Because I had a feeling that someone special was going to enter into my life.

Then my boyfriend came along. That's when I knew. I am still with him 2 years later so waiting must have done me something good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sex after the age of 55 [ 5 Answers ]

:mad: Hi, I am 53 years old male and my girlfriend is 55 years. I am very active sexualy and she started to loose interest in sex. She would not let me touch her breast or vagina. She also does not and can not achieve orgasm. I have had several conversations with her and wanted to help her to...

Legal sex age [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 17 and will turn 18 on October 11th but my dad is thinking about putting my boyfriend in jail for being with a minor. My boyfriend is 24. I live in California and I know the age of consent is 18 but do you think the police will really enforce this law when I turn 18 in a month? If you can...

What is the normalish age to have sex? [ 10 Answers ]

Making this quick.. Im only 13 but I feel really ready for sex.. ino what the law says about sex but like who waits until they're 17. Also ino everything there is to know about sex dieseases and all that.. I no everything. But its weird bocause some of my friends still blush at talking about...

Sex age [ 1 Answers ]

Lets say that my boyfriend is 24 and I'm 17 in the state of Illinois and we've had sex would that be considered as rape?

Legal sex age [ 1 Answers ]

What's the legal sex age in Illinois?

View more questions Search