Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hipncash Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Discovery Small Claims Collection Company Documentation
    On the pre-trial statement in a lawsuit filed by a debt collection company they stated that they would complete discovery within 60 days and they listed all the items they had. This time has since passed. The case has gone to trial which is this Tuesday. Just this past Thursday they subpoenaed a bank of mine for all documentation related to a certain account and for them to provide a witness. This documentation was not something they stated they had initially. Can this be done since it has passed the Discovery time frame they initially stated? Thank you in advance and have a blessed day my friends! : )
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2008, 05:51 PM
    You are correct about the discovery cut off rules. The only thing that I can think of why they did this would be for garnishment or freezing your account to collect the judgment. Did they in fact get a judgment against you?
    hipncash Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 06:07 PM
    No they did not. The judge has not made a decision yet on the case. I subpoenaed the law firm from the company suing me to question them due to violations of the FDCPA. They then issued a subpoena to my bank for documentation and a witness. How should I bring this up to the judge to not let these actions be carried out or be admissible?

Thank you for your response as well. It is much appreciated. Does this also prove that they did not due their due process prior to actually filing a lawsuit against me?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small claims [ 2 Answers ]

I won a small claims lawsuit but the person I sued won't pay. First question is what are some ways to get my money back from this person ( who is determined not to pay). And the only property that I know about is a house, is putting a lien on the house a good idea because I can only collect if they...

Best questions to ask Credit card company for discovery information [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of composing discovery questions to ask a credit card company as to any and all information that they are supposed to have with regards to my credit card account with them . I want to have them produce the agreement under which we began our relationship, the date our...

Small Claims [ 2 Answers ]

I am being sued for a debt. The debt is just in my name not my husbands can they garnish his wages. (I am a stay at home mom). I know they can go after bank accounts but our account is just in my husbands name. Can they go after the account if it is not in my name?

Small claims [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to sue someone in small claims court... he is a German man... he has lived in America for many years... speaks English well... his wife is telling me I must pay for an interrupter as English isn't his native language... he has got a drivers license in the us.. as well as has got a...

How to take a company to small claims court [ 11 Answers ]

I didn't have much luck in 2004 with cars. We bought a car from my brother in Feb 2004 It needed work on it so we took it to Canadian Tire, At the time they put in a new battery and altinator and fixed the exhaust. They fixed the exhaust from the muffler up to the front of the engine. We were...

View more questions Search