Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Making choices
    Last night, I happened across a quote in the form of a question. It stopped me in my tracks.

The anonymous author simply asked:
    "If there was no way you could fail, what one thing in the world would you do?"

Personally, I'd like more than one option, but that's not how it works.

Given one and only one choice, I would change every engine from burning fossil fuel to alternative fuels or alternative technology. Imagine the changes.

The sky is the limit.
    What would you do?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Have every man, woman and child have enough food in their homes and not go hungry ever.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 01:31 PM
    I would say to prevent any child from being abused... but that's not possible.
    So I say a place where all abused children could go and live their lives free from any type of abuse, where they could live their lives carefree from the worries of a bigger person harming them. I know from experience when I was able to move away from my abusers into a safe place that I became a happier person. No, I could not leave the memories behind, but to know that I could walk through the house with no worries or I could sleep at night with no fear. Wow, what peace and joy. I just wish that all the children of this world could have the same.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 01:45 PM
    May I please have two... please oh please oh please...

Pretty Please? :)

1) I would love with all my heart to be a nurse. To go to school to and be a nurse.
    I just am so afraid that my brain would never absorb all the things you have to learn and it would hurt my head terrible.

2) If I would never fail? I would set out to have everyone in this world, love, honor respect and UNDERSTAND each other.

No more hatred, no more wars - that we just would totally "get" each other and each of us would make darn sure, that not another night went by and a child went off to sleep hungry.

Thank you for letting me have 2 - I think the one is possibly attainable with a brain transplant and the last one is a huge dream in my heart.
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 02:26 PM
    bushg, in this endeavour, you cannot fail.

Now, see, Allheart, if I could have two I would have opted for the same thing for my second choice. Hehe

Putting an end to hunger is very good!
    ordinaryguy Posts: 1,790, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 02:40 PM
    If there was no way I could fail, I'd be living in a different world, but not necessarily a better one. The thrill of success depends on the possibility of failure.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 02:49 PM
    World peace. Oh, sorry, that's my Mrs. America speech. :p

If I could change one thing I would find the cure for diseases such as cancer and HIV/AIDS. I have many other thoughts, but that is where I would start, specifically with cancers that afflict children.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9

If I could change one thing I would find the cure for diseases such as cancer and HIV/AIDS. I have many other thoughts, but that is where I would start, specifically with cancers that afflict children.

Sorry, my love, but YOU my friend are Mrs. World :D

**sending much hugs and even more love**
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9

I truly admire this end. If cancer in general could be eradicated. Given that we could NOT fail in our attempts, I would end debilitating disease, and famine as well.
    So many things could be done! What actually stands in the way? Funding is an ever present issue... technology is the next most vital issue. So much could be done if they payout was over another hundred years,
    What I see here is not what some would anticipate... but other's are so intune to. Our existence on our planet Earth isn't tied to paying bills or living in a fantastic neighborhood, but rather for some our own intrinsic desire to help better the lives of our fellow planet-riders! That in and of itself is a good thing for humanity! So I deem that that is what is actually going on!
    But, that's not all...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 9, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Herein lies the problem though. What chemotherapeutic drug works on one person, does not work on another. The chemo's that I took are mainly used for Rheumatoid Arthritis, but they worked for me.

Now, could technology solve this? I don't know... Funding, well, we've been there done that.

What we need is more research, but we do so much already.

I guess it's neither here nor there since, with my one wish, I would not fail. LOL

It does seem as though each of us would rather help others than help ourselves first. That, my friends, makes me feel good to be human as I am so tired of the one-upmanship I experience on a daily basis.

And, dear Allheart, I miss and love you more than you will ever know. It is so good to see you posting again!!

Rich, I did not ignore your e-mail, I've just been busy, sick, taking care of little J with MRSA, and totally exhausted. Don't ever think your e-mails go unread, I just don't always have the time to respond.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 11:53 PM
    I would build a space ship and me and my woman would blast off for the other side of the universe where we could find our very own planet that rivals earth in it's pristine qualities where I would land, break out my fishin poles, shot guns, deer rifles, chain saw, gas, and build a cabin on the best lake, make jerky, fish for cut throat and sleep in my hammock knowing I would never see a game warden for the rest of my life. Claude Dallas could come too.
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2008, 03:04 PM
    I thought about this real hard, and I wonder if we fed everyone enough, if that would make us all happier people for starters, less worry, more money to help with bills, or donating to special causes. I like the thought of placing kids in good homes so they are safe and secure, but feeding them would be a number one priority. Every answer in my heart seems to lead me back to food, even a cure for cancer as they got to have good food that help with all of that, RIGHT? Even going on a ship and blasting off, welp, you would need food there too. Oh, and Allheart, wouldn't it be nice to honor and respect each other with a big ole milkshake and your fave dessert? That is what I am talking about. See? I am pretty sure it is for me, if I wouldn't fail, I would feed everyone wholesome, scrumptions, yummy, wonderful filling food.:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Career choices [ 4 Answers ]

What Major would you suggest for a person who absolutely LOVES chemistry and biology and most other sciences? Thanks

Good choices needed [ 4 Answers ]

I really did not know where to turn to ask this. I hope you could help me. I have a boyfriend that people was looking for. I decided that I did not want any more trouble. I broke up with him but every one thinks he is still with me. I tried to tell him he is not but they will not listen. He...

Power of choices [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have any information or thoughts on the power of choices we make in life?

Choices [ 2 Answers ]

Joe, unfortunately, found himself in Hell after his demise here on earth. Upon his arrival, the Devil greeted him and advised him that he may choose his place of eternity from 3 rooms, behind the 3 doors that were before him. Joe walked up to door #1 and when he got near it the intense heat...

So Many Choices [ 8 Answers ]

This is a complex part of my life. Can anybody PLEASE tell me about the dark haired man that I know so well and care for so much. He has "problems" in his life, and I have "problems" in my life... very, very different problems. I'm looking for a reading... whatever you seems to get. It could...

View more questions Search