Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramonjet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2006, 12:52 PM
    What to do with...
    If you had $100,000 dollars for investing how would you invest it? I'm curious to read how people will answer this question.
    Thanks to those who responded, I enjoyed reading the responses. Debt I don't have-so no investing there. I don't think anyone mentioned real estate i.e. land... curious...
    manutd4eva Posts: 209, Reputation: 14

Jan 19, 2006, 01:03 PM
    I'm quite young so don't try my answer unless you know what your doing!

I would invest it in a local footbal/soccer club etc a successful club or you could maybe get shares? What type of thing were you thinking off? Maybe starting your own business?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 19, 2006, 01:06 PM
    I imagine the answer will depend on how risk averse the individual is, age of individual (ability to recoup bad investments) and current debtload. Personally $100,000 would pay off 90% of all our (wife and I) debt so I would do that.

If I HAD to invest it I'd go low risk to the principal, e.g. money markets, etc.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 01:51 PM
    $100,000
    INVEST IN SILVER BULLION.

Since the turn of the century, the price of silver has increased dramatically, rising from around $4.00 per ounce to its current level of around $9.15 per ounce. Industrial demand for silver during this period has remained relatively constant, as has its availability. So why the spike in price?

The primary reason driving silver's bull market is the devaluation of the U.S. Dollar.

The U.S. Dollar is losing its role as the reserve currency of choice in the world. The factors behind this loss of respect are the enormous debt of the United States and the fact that so many new dollars are being printed by the Federal Reserve in attempts to artificially stimulate the economy. Although the U.S. government has always been a money-printing machine, it has never done so at the rate seen in the last four years. The more dollars are printed, the less valuable each one becomes as a store of wealth. Therefore, smart money seeks other, more reliable ways to store wealth such as holding silver bars and silver coins
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2006, 03:39 PM
    I would invest it in my debts, since paying off the higher interest rates would provide the highest yield for me at this point.

But to merely invest, Vanguard mutal funds, good growth, I would divide it up into at least 5 different funds to include more secure and some at higher risk.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Jan 19, 2006, 04:15 PM
    Investing
    I would put half on the money market(UK/50%) to grow large interest at a good return rate, I would then place one part on the stock market(25%) and the money left over would be placed in a locked high interest account(25%). Doing this would allow me in my eyes to earn the most interest plus limit my risk as an invester.:D

Anyone willing to lend me some free cash to try out?? LMFAO!! JK:cool:
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Jan 19, 2006, 05:22 PM
    Save the piggies
    I would pay off the bills I owe, help to catch up the bills for both rescues and put the rest in the bank and pull it when I need medical expenses, for the horses and piggies, now I know that may sound stupid to most, but when you shop at Save-A-Lot to eat, and shop at the Good Will and the Salvation Army for clothing that sure sounds good to me, 100,000 to me would be like you guys hitting the MEGA MILLION
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2006, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ramonjet
    If you had $100,000 dollars for investing how would you invest it?. I'm curious to read how people will answer this question.
    How about investing the 100,00 in me? I promise you a 2% return every year for the next 5 years. :p

It depends how much risk adverse an individual is.

The highter the risk = the higher the return.

GIC's (governemtn bonds). Very LOW risk, so very low return, about 4%. Hence I can make an easy 2% off you :)

Something risker would be the stock market. I like penny stocks. You can lose your shirt and more in them, but if a stock jumps from $0.01/share to $0.02/share... that is a 100% increase in your money. You will have doubled your money.

With $100,000 I would invest $20,000 in govt bonds and $80,000 into the stock market.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search