Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atkelley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 11:12 AM
    My dryer isn't drying my clothes
    I have a kenmore 80 sereies dryer, it gets hot inside the drum but takes about 6 hours to dry the clothes. Any suggestions on what to do?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 11:21 AM
    How long has it been since you cleaned the vent hose?

I would disconnect the vent hose at the base of the dryer, and try to clean it out.

It is probably full of lint and does not allow enough circulation. I use a metal cloths hanger, un-twisted and straightened out to carefully poke and prod inside the hose to get all the lint out. If you have a thin hose, just be careful not to poke any holes in it.

My dryer seems to work better after I clean it, this may help with your issue.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric dryer is no longer drying clothes [ 1 Answers ]

HI, my electric dryer recently quit drying clothes. Is there a heating element or a fuse that I could look for? And where can I find a manual for a roper electric dryer?

Roper dryer not drying my clothes [ 5 Answers ]

My dryer is not drying my clothes. Initially, the dryer would be hot and not dry but I had moved and the vent lining was too long. That worked for awhile, but now, it takes 2-3 hours to dry the clothes. Another site said it might be a blown fuse. How do I get to the fuse box to replace it?

Dryer is not drying clothes properly [ 1 Answers ]

My magtag dryers is not drying my clothes properly. There are times when it starts up you can hear a squeaky noise, and then it goes away... please help

Whirlpool Elec Dryer - Clothes Not Drying [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Electric Dryer, model # LEB6000PQ0. The dryer does not seem to dry the clothes much at all. I have removed the lint from all components (internal & external) as well as the vent from the back of the dryer to the outside. I notice when the dryer first starts, the heating...

View more questions Search