Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    S1122 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 04:48 AM
    12 year old has to pay £500 for dental work!
    My daughter knocked part of her front tooth out during school 2 years ago. The part which came off was able to be stuck back on by dentists and the top part of tooth actually started to grow.

Two years on she has had 2 bouts of infection in this tooth both needing antibiotics and the last one resulted in an abscess. The dentist said she would need to be seen by an endodontist as they could not carry out the work - which was removing the nerve. Although she is an NHS patient with this dentist they have to refer her to a private practice which will cost £500 for 2 one hour sessions.

My question is why do we need to pay to go privately - can this be done on the NHS as she is only 12 years old.
    orgless Posts: 118, Reputation: 0

Feb 9, 2008, 09:37 AM
    No you definatley don't need to pay privately she is within the age bracket of below 18 when they can start charging for this work!! If that dentist won't do it then she should be referred to the hospital

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I go to Grad school or work in Global 500 now [ 15 Answers ]

Hi there, I have two options on either going to one of the top graduate schools or working for a global 500 with a reasonable starting pay salary(they will train me while make me travel around the world for the first couple years)? So what would you think I should choose? What happen if I...

DEntal work while pregnant ?// [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get my dental work( filling and crown and root canal) done while pregnant? I am in early stage of pregnancy( just couple weeks). Is it o.k to get locan anesthesia while pregnant?

Dental work [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 28 year old single mother of two. I need a lot of dental work and I have no dental insurance and cannot afford to have this work done. Almost all of my teeth are broken down to the gum and they always hurt. I think what hurts most is that I cannot smile or laugh anymore. I hate talking face...

11 year old debt suddenly asked to pay [ 8 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old debt from an old $3100 credit card account. All of a sudden I get letters threatening me to pay. Verbiage like if you do not respond you will be held in contempt and incarcerated. I live in New Jersey and thought that after 6 years they can't do this any more and the debt is...

1/2 year pay from NY and 1/2 from NJ [ 3 Answers ]

I am a full time resident of NJ. I worked the first 1/2 of the year in NY and the rest in NJ. I understand that I have to file for the entire amount of income earned in NJ, but my W2 also has a full year of income under NY. Is this correct? Do I put the full amount and then say that only 50% is...

View more questions Search