Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gubase Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 05:52 PM
    Online jobs for F1 visa holders
    Is it a violation of my legal status to receive money from websites?
    What I have in mind is the following situation:
    Can I sign up to websites that offer money for taking surveys if I am an immigrant?
    Can I make money through a website that offers to pay a percentage of what I make? For example, websites that say you are not their employers but since you use their domain, they take some of the money make.

I am on a F1 status in the U.S.

Thank you.
    Gubase Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Anyone ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US tax payment for L1-B visa holders [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am having L1 visa, working in MA state. I came to US on Oct07, I heard if the total number of days is lessthan 183, no need to pay tax to US Govt. what is period of calculation for 183 days? Is it from April to March or how it is?

Taxes for H1B Visa Holders [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been trying to understand my tax implications when I go to the US on an H1B Visa, accompanied with my wife and two kids (all on H4 Visa). I have read quite a lot of stuff on the IRS website but am a bit conused about some points. These are mentioned below: 1. What is a tax year by US...

Interest income for G-4 visa holders. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: Hi! I know that earned income is not taxable for G-4 visa holders, but what about bank interest income? Is there a limit/threshold? For instance, if I earned over $5,000.00 in interest for the year in deposit accounts, is some of that taxable? Also, if I filed taxes with my spouse (who...

Taxes for J1 visa holders in Massachusetts [ 1 Answers ]

:) Hi, This is my 2nd year doing research like a postdoc from chile in Massachusetts. For my maintenance I do receive fellowship payments from an international foundation. Last year I paid both federal and state taxes but now I've heard that j1 visa holders don't need to pay taxes for the first 2...

H1B and H4 visa holders [ 5 Answers ]

Dear AtlantaTaxExpert, I am an H1B visa holder and my wife has H4. She is not allowed to work in Usa, her visa is a depenent one. I tried to do my tax return online and they won't let me to file her as my dependent. It says that your spouse cannot be your dependent. What is your advice?Can I get...

View more questions Search