Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xpyro2316 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Tax fraud
    Some one has claimed my friends child on their taxes for the second year and she has no clue who it is or what can be done on her part to reverse this and insure that this does not happen again.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Have your friend contact the IRS immediately and speak to them about this.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpyro2316
    Some one has claimed my friends child on their taxes for the second year and she has no clue who it is or what can be done on her part to reverse this and insure that this does not happen again.

Either you or someone else has already posted this once - received some good responses, was asked some questions, person posting never responded.

Same answer this time - contact IRS and ask the who/when/where/why. They will look into it. Someone has the child's SS number - I would be curious who that "someone" is.

That's how to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dependent Tax Fraud [ 13 Answers ]

Is it considered tax fraid if the non-custodial parent, who has never had custody or visitation of the child, claims the child on his taxes, and the custodial parent already does?

Tax for F-1 visa on OPT with tax treaty, resident alien for tax purpose [ 2 Answers ]

HI--I have multiple "identities" with regard to tax: 1. I'm an F-1 visa holder 2. I'm on OPT from Sept.2007-Aug.2008 3. I have benefits of tax treaty, under which I can be exempted from federal taxes up to $5000 a year for wages, and unlimited amount for fellowship 4. I'm a resident alien for...

Value Added Tax Fraud [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can you tell me what the 3 main types of value added tax fraud are?

Form 1116, foreign tax credit: Tax paid vs tax accrued, exchange rates and dates [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm applying for foreign tax credit on taxes I've paid / accrued on interest earned in savings accounts and certificate deposits in New Zealand. For cds, the bank statements don't give precise dates for when taxes were withheld. And so I have several questions relating to form 1116, Part II: ...

View more questions Search